Power optimalization at ~3M regen

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was building my first ship requiring around 3M power regen.

I did this " optimal cube shape schematichs with some corners disconected to only make frames of each dimention filled with cubes.

I do it by making all corners connected and than removing those corners that should be disconnected.

To my suprise removing corners at 3M regen was removing amoun of power regen instead of adding efficiency.I tripple checked and i did generator as it should be done.

So , im assuming the efficient shapes changes at some point?
    How should i build my power regen wheni need 3m of it?

Looks like amound of cubes matters more at this point rather than shape of generator?

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I believe around 1M regen is where the box dimension feature slowly is replaced by mere total block count. My 2M regen experimental ship just gains 25regen per block no matter what.

I usually build the first M generator style and then add power blocks to random places later.

Note that this also means 1M regen ships (frigates usually) are the sweet spot for efficiency.

Reactions: aceface and Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I suggest using docked entities which have their power regen capped at 1mil~, and install power-supply beams on that docked entity. Use a logic clock to provide the power to the main ship- this works very well to get really efficient regen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Huh? how do you make docked ships/ turrets with powersuply beams add power to your ship?

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Although it should be noted that a ship that needs 3-10M regen but not more will never be able to shield these generators from missiles. Unless you really do build a titan, there is no point to having generators - a single missile past your shields can ruin your day. The thread nicely explains that (you need 30+ blocks between hull and docked generators - only large titans can deliver that in all directions).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Although it should be noted that a ship that needs 3-10M regen but not more will never be able to shield these generators from missiles. Unless you really do build a titan, there is no point to having generators - a single missile past your shields can ruin your day. The thread nicely explains that (you need 30+ blocks between hull and docked generators - only large titans can deliver that in all directions).
    That's only due to derpy missile physics - the explosions penetrate blocks and shields, hitting docked entities and whatever else is inside, rather than being absorbed by the shields or armor. Schema has a plan in place for this; for now IDK what to do though. :P