Power generation And Storage

Reaction score
    Ok So We All Know That Theres A Power Generator And a Power Storage Blocks In The Game.

My Idea Is To have More Than Those Two To Be Able to Power Your Ship With.

The Things I Would Add for Power Generation Are Are

-Geothermal Generator

-Water Wheel

-Nuclear Reactor As A Multiblock Structure

-Solar Panels Of Diffrent Sizes

-And Possibly A Warp Core As A Multiblock Structure

Power Storage

-Tiny Storage Unit

-Small Storage Unit

-Medium Storage Unit

-Large Storage Unit

-Extra Large Storage Unit

-Huge Storage Unit

This Is My Idea Leave Yours

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like the idea of more cool stuff as much as the next guy, but in all honesty im more interested in when the UI will allow me to shift click blocks so i can stop the endless drag and drop,

and once thats done then they could nerf the pirate bases, there is basically no point to salvage cannons because raiding a pirate base supplies all the L5 you need to fund a 3 month long shopping spreee, i know this game is about building cool ships and blowing stuff up, but its kinda boring to blow stuff up when it can barely fight back, and what you get from it isnt really of any use.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Umm.. I don\'t think we are playing the same Starmade, where would these be used?

Reaction score
    Well Nootau The Point Of A Geothermal generator Is That On Some Planets You Run Across Lava Lakes And Even In Asterroids. My Idea Is To Take Away Buying Lava And Water From The Shop And Making It Where You Had To Pump it Up Same Thing With The Water Gen

Reaction score
    Please learn how to properly capitalize in the English language. Reading your posts hurt.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i agree that we need some different power modules just like we have different types of hull and also guns for that matter but a water wheel? how would that work in zero gravity? talk about steam punk :P

however, i do put my hand up in vote of the storage idea. i really cant stand having to scroll through my items like we currently do. i believe that you should be able to link/merge storage by placing 2 or more modules next to each other.

Reaction score
    I like the idea of having different means of producing energy. Would make ship designs more diverse; perhaps one ship relies on solar power and another uses lava as a fuel source. The current means of producing power should remain in the game, but it should be considerably more expensive; it\'s perpetual energy, after all. Such technology shouldn\'t come cheap.

As for different power storage types - I don\'t think that\'s such a good idea. More power is stored by building larger storage tanks. It\'s a system that works well and is fairly balanced. Diversifying the means of generating energy is interesting, but adding storage blocks that can hold more power in a smaller space seems like it would throw balance off a little bit.