Power Exploit? and a possible prevention method

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

I love the mechanic where at one point, if you need more power, you need bigger dimensions, bigger ships. But there is nothing that prevents this sort of formation. If I fill the ship with shield dispersers, those flimsy tubes are as durable the rest of my ship (shieldwise).

Suggestion: Possibly do a check for every block (once after you enter flight mode) and if there aren't many blocks adjacent to a block, it should perhaps get affected by only a percentage of ships overall shields.

For example: those flimsy blocks would do a check in 32x32x32 radius (arbitrary) and seeing it will have very little amount of neighboring blocks compared to the rest of the ship, instead of a 100% of shields capacity they will have 1%(arbitrary), giving the enemy a chance to destroy them, but not the rest of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Then you\'ll see a whole lot of \"Firefly\" formations showing up, and those are even harder to kill because there\'s much more n the way of the computer core

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First thing I thought was to line a sector with a 3d grid built out of any and all blocks you can find, the second that monster chases you into the \"net\", it just gets stuck. :p

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    That\'s not an exploit, that\'s just really ballsy ship design. All you have to do is take out one of those blocks and he loses a huge percentage of his power generation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It\'s not a cheat it\'s technically correct.

What\'s wrong at those is that if hey receive single hit, all of it goes down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They need to go through the ship\'s shield first tho dont they?

Reaction score
    Sanqk, Yes they do. But thats no problem for an attacker. If you plan on attacking this ship you\'ll have to go through the shields anyway.

It\'s entirely the builders perogative if he decides to defend the vast majority of his power generator or not.