Bug Power draining at over 40m e/sec for no reason

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So I make a nice ship in singleplayer and dock 20 or so power generators onto it. I spend a long time building this and I am really looking forward to using it on Multiplayer.

Now comes the annoying part;
    I spawn it in and guess what, it drains over 40m power just sitting there, yes 40m!

Why is this happning, I stopped moving, turned everything off and it just drains insane amount of power for no apparent reason.

Help please!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Sounds like your generators are actually poorly designed, and drawing more power than they have. Let me guess: cannon supported transfer beams.

Once power goes to outage, it "stops making power" for around 4 seconds, and instead "draws it up" from the main ship (and sprays it back down at a 30% loss). Switch to supply/pulse/battery style generators, long cycle, safe.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    supply/pulse
    Supply/cannon is still more consistent and more efficient, since you need less capacity. OP just needs to use less modules, or use more power. Or, if it's drawing more power per second than the docked entity has capacity, a bit more capacity.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    pulse is naturally resistant/immune to lag-breaking itself, and also more resistant to damage-problems if it ever gits hit.
    The "i'm under drain gaaaah!" problem is a game-ender in a mid-fight portion of a true slug-out.
    If you're clever and "stagger" the injection from different docks you get a more stable input. he's got "20 or so", he can spread it out

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do what I do and wait patiently for the power re-balance so that docked reactors won't be a necessity any more.