Power Capacitors become Fuel Tanks

Reaction score
    I think it would add a lot to the game if fuel was a consideration.

My suggestion is to change the capacitors into fuel tanks that will empty over time. You can refuel from shops for a price or you can setup a factory type thing on a station or planet which turns some type of resources into fuel, which will then be used to refuel your docked ships & turrets.

I wouldn't want fuel to be such a huge issue that you're constantly needing to refill, but it also shouldn't be so insignificant that a giant mothership can fly around the universe without worrying about blowing through all their resources.

I wouldn't suggest that running out of fuel completely will render your ship useless, it would be more like removing power capacitors, you can still run the ship, but your power will constantly be an issue, and things like charging warp drives, firing your weapons, or scanning wouldn't be an option until you refuel.

Just an idea I had at work today. I'm sure it's been suggested before.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    There is a difference between fuel and power storage. I think capacitors will need to stay.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have you heard about Space Engineers? It has the fuel system you're describing, and it's a lot like Starmade. The major difference is that in Space Engineers, survival revolves around your ability to acquire fuel, and in Starmade, survival revolves around everything else.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I would like to see fuel at some point, but it should really be separate from power capacitors.