Power 2.0: Reactor Chamber

Reaction score
    Lancake , I am placing this here with knowledge you have a sticky thread asking for this type of suggestions but would not like it to get lost due to the popularity and diversity of the conversation.

Suggestion: instead of modifying the config or completely throwing out the progress already made with Power 2.0, I would propose a new Reactor Chamber

Reactor Chamber options:
    • Increase power recharge by 2% (level 1-10)[increase recharge up to 20%]
    • Decrease power consumption by 2% (level 1-10)[decrease consumption up to 20%]
    • Decrease reactor distance by 5% (level 1-10) [decrease distance up to 50%]
    Balance: only one of these chambers available per reactor

These would be default settings however could be modified in the config folder by server admin.

Reaction score
    i also think there could be scope to have player settings which change reactor behavior, with or without chambers > for example a slider that shifts from eg 'more power/less HP/etc' to 'less power/more HP/etc', or perhaps that effects progressively the need for additional blocks/stabilizers, and/or alters factors like minimum distance, or even progressively applies bonus based on arcane geometry rules....

basically the idea is to allow for several solutions to power...

Reactions: Ashes152
    Reaction score
    Well I was also throwing around the idea of an option like this:
    • increase the maximum stabilization of Reactor Stabilizers by 10% [level 1-5]
    You could get up to 150% stabilization but would have to place more stabilizer blocks

i also think there could be scope to have player settings which change reactor behavior
    With this are you talking about the class based system?

Reaction score
    maybe yes - multiple options and ways of making power could be very interesting. Perhaps even up to reactor blocks where power generation algorithm and rules could be player configurable and define the extent to which different bonus/penalty scheme are applied to particular forms of reactor groups > maybe extra blocks like stabilizers, aux power, capacity, could have some role there in customizing power generation...

Class/Chamber system is other route, but a feel is a mechanic which could be applied and added almost at any stage, and on top of a variety of other basic game mechanics.