Power 2.0 please elaborate on...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Ok so i guess a lot of people have their questions regarding the new power system after watching the stream at and would want the one or other confirmation from schema ,Lancake etc. so maybe bundle them?

Since turrets require 2 pivot points which each make an entity, we often had to think of uses for the turret base and making them provide the shielding and the power for the turret seems a logical solution to fill the space, also given that the railsystem can only support the childs total mass for the next child level...
    can there be self powered turrets now or not and if so, how?

Also what the stream and highlights are missing is how power generation is growing like is it a linear curve with each blocka certain amount? is there a shape requirement / factor like spjerical reactors are better than stripes? is there...

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    can there be self powered turrets now or not and if so, how?
    I can't remember if they said it was an option or not, but there was talk of solely relying on power from the next entity towards the mother ship/station. I'll have to watch the recap and see if it was included there so I can speak more confidently.

Reaction score
    Turrets will have the ability to rely on their own power generators, but docked entities will not be able to use chambers.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I can't remember if they said it was an option or not, but there was talk of solely relying on power from the next entity towards the mother ship/station. I'll have to watch the recap and see if it was included there so I can speak more confidently.
    it is not in the highlights but it is in the stream.

Turrets will have the ability to rely on their own power generators, but docked entities will not be able to use chambers.
    schema ? stated like he would not know the current implementation. which is why i am asking. like "i think they still can but - meh idk like only one level or smth. (????) meh whatever...." so i really want to know how it is going to be implemented...

Also what the stream and highlights are missing is how power generation is growing like is it a linear curve with each blocka certain amount? is there a shape requirement / factor like spjerical reactors are better than stripes? is there...

Last edited:

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No shape requirement for power period ever done.

and turrets can indeed be self powered like how they are now, they just cant use chambers. (Docked Ships however will have power turned off AFAIK)

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What I understood was that Docked Entities and Turrets would be allowed to have their own reactors, but only the Mother Ship's Chambers would work. So a turret could have it's own reactor but would get the benefit of it's mother-ship's chambers, and would not be allowed to have it's own chambers.

Reactions: JumpSuit

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What I understood was that Docked Entities and Turrets would be allowed to have their own reactors, but only the Mother Ship's Chambers would work. So a turret could have it's own reactor but would get the benefit of it's mother-ship's chambers, and would not be allowed to have it's own chambers.
    Am guessing if it DID have chambers they wouldn't work :P

Reactions: JumpSuit

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Probably something like that. This seems to be a direct nerf-bat to docked hull, while still leaving docked enturrets tities with the advanage of "minimizing your main reactor size, and thus overall chamber size" at the cost of AI-accuracy. if AI-accuracy is all moved to deterministic, that might even offload some lag from turrets too.

I'm wondering if they'll disallow "power chains" entirely, and require each sub-entity to be self-powered.