Potentially Useful Old Starmade Versions

Reaction score
    So I am clearing out some old files, and I stumbled across some old Starmade versions. I am unsure if any of these would be of any use. I know people like to have all versions of programs and games and stuff archived and I would be remorseful if I deleted these and somehow that was the last extant copy of some version. If I remember correctly from my checking maybe a few months back, some of these weren't available in the launcher. That is what prompted me to make this post. I probably won't permanently delete them for a while but they're taking up my Google Drive space so they'll be stuck on a random hard drive for now lol. They all seem to be in the form of backups when I guess I updated Starmade in the past. Anyway, here are the versions, in descending order of size:
    • backup-StarMade-0.1617-20140810_202517
    • backup-StarMade-0.163-20140824_023153
    • backup-StarMade-0.171-20140920_124758_1413426992974
    • backup-StarMade-0.1616-20140808_205809
    • backup-StarMade-0.161-20140801_215956
    • backup-StarMade-0.1584-20140626_235338
    • backup-StarMade-0.1583-20140626_202315
    Thanks, also if this is posted in the wrong place, please let me know. Or if this is actually useless, let me know as well lol. Or honestly anything else I should know. :)

Reaction score
    Downloads of most StarMade versions can be found here.

This link can also be found via the big DOWNLOADS text at the top of this website. At the downloads page look at the bottom for:

If the updater doesn't download the latest game release, you can download it here.

Dev builds can be found here.

The New Launcher can load older versions of StarMade from before the New Launcher. The New Launcher loads the Old Launcher "StarMade-starter.exe" From there you can adjust settings and load StarMade. Doing this lets you run StarMade even older versions of StarMade without having Java installed as java is bundled with the New Launcher.

Some milestone releases:

The Last pre rails StarMade release WITHOUT the new advanced chat client v0.189997 "hotfix" starmade-build_20150306_165940

The Last release before cargo became a thing v0.19498

The Last release before Shipyards v0.19361

The add rails to the game release but WITHOUT the ships health system release v0.19226

Reaction score
    Downloads of most StarMade versions can be found here.

This link can also be found via the big DOWNLOADS text at the top of this website. At the downloads page look at the bottom for:

If the updater doesn't download the latest game release, you can download it here.

Dev builds can be found here.

The New Launcher can load older versions of StarMade from before the New Launcher. The New Launcher loads the Old Launcher "StarMade-starter.exe" From there you can adjust settings and load StarMade. Doing this lets you run StarMade even older versions of StarMade without having Java installed as java is bundled with the New Launcher.

Some milestone releases:

The Last pre rails StarMade release WITHOUT the new advanced chat client v0.189997 "hotfix" starmade-build_20150306_165940

The Last release before cargo became a thing v0.19498

The Last release before Shipyards v0.19361

The add rails to the game release but WITHOUT the ships health system release v0.19226
    Thank you for the information! The download page of most Starmade versions is very awesome, so I appreciate it. I will take this then as my version backups are not really useful lol so I can now clear up some space. Thank you for your thorough answer! :)

Reaction score
    If there was a server using one of the older more stable versions, where at least most of the stuff was kinda working as intended, I would definitly give the game another try on this server.
    There where some versions after docking/cargo/ShipHP-updates and several Hotfixes that were running stable and were really fun to play.
    Good old days when you could still experiment with docked reactors and the old active/passive effects, push-/pull-effects etc.