Possible use for all those terrain blocks.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Not sure if this is a good idea or not, as it would require another block id, but I think it would be cool to have another factory type. It could be called a "Planet Seeder" and its fuel could be a huge amount of all the extra terrain and flora blocks we pick up along the way. Once the required amount is reached, a random planet can be spawned in the sector it is in or what not. Just saying, I hate trashing all those blocks when the shops are tired of me pushing it on them for a buck a pop.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    +1
    This makes a lot of sense actualy, since to GET those blocks in the first place you pretty much have to completely mine-out a planet.
    Therefore the amount of planets stays simlilar, but if you expend a lot of effort mining out a planet you could 'Re-loacte it'.
    Seeded planets should probably be on the smaller side though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think this is a pretty neat idea. I see a lot of fun that can be had in players being able to make a smaller planet where they want it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was also thinking that it would be cool that whatever material has the highest quantity would determine the planet type that spawns.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Also, I was thinking of it as more of a "credit sink" but for the terrain blocks. With a ratio of something like 10:1, so if you mined 10 planets you would have enough materials to spawn 1 planet and turn what would otherwise be useless blocks into more useful blocks but that way it’s not over powered. It could have 3 different thresholds for 3 different planet size variations with the max being that of the server max planet size. I think it would be more feasible for it to spawn in a random location that way they wouldn't have to spend a lot of time on the mechanics of placing the planet or a delivery system.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Additional idea: storage blocks that show up as random stations. You dump a million terrain blocks and *poof*, when you fly away a minimum distance, the random storage station is simply replaced by a random 10,000-block-or-so asteroid. (Not realistic: pure game-y fun) The 100-to-1 block ratio ensures that this won't be too much of an exploit.

Reaction score
    that planet-creation idea seems a bit far fetched, but something like that for asteroids makes a lot of sense. planet matter could be turned into, i dunno, maybe they just get shot out as basic terrain blocks and over time clump into a small planet or rings... something like that.