possible marker pistole use

Reaction score
    Would it be possible to allow a marker pistol to mark a single target that a capital ship can then lock onto. The reason I ask is that it would limit collateral damage to stations or bases if we could invade and mark the faction to be hit by a strike from a heavy ship as so far I can punch holes in a station invade and find the faction cube but with the shields still up I have yet to find a way to destroy the faction cubes from inside. However if a single target could be marked by a marker pistol it could be pinpointed without having to blast huge holes in a potential new asset.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425200909,1425198834][/DOUBLEPOST]I think something like this was mentioned before but I could not find it to see what the answer was.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I would rather see a target painter module. It would allow heat seekers to be guided towards a target. It could be assigned to different colors like any other weapon system and missiles could home in on specific colors. Or not. I just like the concept of a target painter in general.

Reaction score
    I would rather see a target painter module. It would allow heat seekers to be guided towards a target. It could be assigned to different colors like any other weapon system and missiles could home in on specific colors. Or not. I just like the concept of a target painter in general.
    My idea is to paint a target, with the marker gun. But I am not sure how a target painter module would help. I did not think you could place anything in an active faction base or i would just use disintegration blocks, otherwise who in their right mind is going to build a ship or station with a "shoot here" sign on it's important systems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425399578,1425399112][/DOUBLEPOST]OH nm I see where that goes, but it is still a bit too unreliable because I want to destroy the computers controlling the weapons and the faction cube not the blocks that make up the systems themselves. The whole point is to reduce damage not specify where huge holes are going to be blown. The tactical ideal is to capture enemy assets intact to use them against their builders, not to render them utterly useless.