Positive Review: Elwyn Infinity, Something for everyone!

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

every single time, i love it guys

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Shoulda paid dis homie to shill LCB before it became ded.

Reaction score
    This is only a response to UndeadPotato everything else going on here I do not want to get into.
    Undead this has been a question from a few so it is appropriate to answer at least the HB system claim stuff.
    Faction Config:
    Factions Gain: Faction Points every faction cycle based on number of systems they have claimed in game, there is no gain from having more members.
    Factions Loss: Faction have a base cost per cycle that is hit for just having a faction at all, next there is a penalty incurred on each claimed system based on 2 metrics. 1. Distance of claimed system from 0 0 0 (this is the higher of the multipliers), 2. Distance of claimed system from the faction HB (this is the lower of the 2 multipliers)
    Server.Config
    Mining: There is only a 30x bonus for claimed systems. Everything else is 0 so any mining at all outside of your on claim system gives you nothing but rock.

Game Mechanics:
    If you run to zero or negative Faction Points you lose all territorial claim and your HB is vulnerable.

There is no Pirate or Tradeguild stations since they auto despawn from script. This means that once the galactic map refresh there is a whole lot less clutter and your bases are a lot easier to find on the map now.

So if you tried what you say above. It would not be a big deal to find any stations across claimed territory, and/or carpet bomb any planets in controlled systems. Once this is done the base cost will drive your FP down and you would lose any system claims and lose all ability to mine. So really an attacking faction would have no reason to go hunting for your little hidden base... they would just let you rot in it.
    Thank you for your response. This makes sense then, as long as players aren't able to get by without mining (such as stealing/salvaging from other players). That will likely not happen though, as everyone else will likely have proper defense. I wish you luck on your experiment with this server.

Reaction score
    Had an issue earlier with the server not loading any blocks, causing me to lose countless items. It has since been fixed.

Last edited: