Point of rotation

Reaction score
    At the moment the point of rotation of the ships is the core.

This is a bit impractical for some ship designs... so i think the point of rotation should be the middle of every ship.

I dont know how its programmed but for me it seems like its a little change :D

? your opinion on this? ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Has been bothering me alot, specially when making hagars in stations. Every stinking ship has to align ONE direction and not the direction i want to..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    would be nice. but for now, i just make sure the core is closest to the middle of the ship as possible. i think the easiest fix for this is to make a module block that re-orientates the ship\'s axis point.

Reaction score
    And it wouldn\'t be that hard.

NewCenterPoint(Ship.length()/2, Ship.width()/2, Ship.height/2);

I mean, you will have to create the method for the NewCenterPoint, but the Ship\'s W, L, and H are all already there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree to this completly. As said, the other methods are there, it should be pretty easy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    About the docking issues...

I had suggested the addition of a \"docking point block\", or some such - as in, a block you could place anyhere on the ship, allowing you to emit a docking beam and attach to a docking module at that point, rather than the core...

I had also suggested that docked-ship facing be alterable for a docking or turret docking module, but I suppose it might be easier to alter it on the ship itself somehow...possibly tied in with the docking block?