Point of having interior.

agree?

• yes:D

• not exactly(tell down below why)

• No :0

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    I think it is useless now to have interior. What i think, is that you should have CREW instead of AI.
    so it will work a bit like like in terraria. so you build a house with certain proportions, and then you buy a crew member, which will controll the turret by going to a AI controll computer. so, the more turrets you have, the more ppl u need.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    What about small ships with PDT? To build an interior the ship wouldnt have enough room for systems. So perhaps crew controlled turrets would just be more accurate.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    To me crew members should be the anti-boarding party system. Since interior turrets are pretty OP as they get the motherships shields i expect astronauts to get something like a personal signal jammer to sneak past them. that would leave crew members to be the best line of defense so interiors will be needed for them to navigate around your ship. Perhaps some kind of enhancer could be used to determine how many crew members can be assigned to a ship.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    What about small ships with PDT? To build an interior the ship wouldnt have enough room for systems. So perhaps crew controlled turrets would just be more accurate.
    I build ships with massive interiors and there is plenty of room left over systems.

Also keep in mind having crew on board the ship is an end goal of the game and we should expect them in the future.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Crew is planned I believe, It is already in game just lacking you know content..... or things that it does...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Suggestion threads for crew, interior and even those two features working together were already made in the past and quite thoroughly discussed from the standpoint of immersion, being a starting point for more features, balancing units of different sizes and so on.

Search for details. There is a lot of them.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I know of at least one combat benefit that can be gained from having an interior manned by at least one other player crew member.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I build ships with massive interiors and there is plenty of room left over systems.

Also keep in mind having crew on board the ship is an end goal of the game and we should expect them in the future.
    So do I, I was refering to small frigates and fighters that have PDTs

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Crew is planned as has been mentioned above. There's basics of "crew" in the game at the moment but just not fully fleshed out to what they'll actually be able to do eventually.

Reactions: Lecic