Point defence

Reaction score
    I like the shield system alot but i think there should also be a weapon that you could connect to an A.I that fires a lazer beam at missiles specificaly, destroying them. thoughts/opinions?

(yes i imediatly thought of starcraft :P)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With a missile being fired at you its hard to avoid.. especially if its fast, this weapon would be very helpful.. and it could use the same \'lock-on\" system that the missiles themselves use but instead you lock onto the missile.. this is an advantage for small fighter-like ships because they are agile and can rotate very quickly to lock onto the missile, large ships however arent as nimble as smaller ships so missiles are harder to avoid.. but the shields on these massive ships should be efficient enough to stay safe.. these \'anti-missile cannons\' would be useful on turrets as they can shoot the missiles and you can still be travelling full speed.. however, i dont think a \'lazer\' will shoot these missiles very well.. i think a missile that destroys other missiles would be more suitable.. the missile would be slightly faster and smaller than normal missiles, and they have very minimal explosive radius because they are just used for exploding on other missiles causing them to detonate..

A good defencive weapon is a great idea, defencive weapons would be a great thing to have in starmade and i hope there are more great ideas similar to this one :D