Podcast - Touching on StarMade

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Firstly I greatly enjoyed this Podcast. It defiantly lacked in quality, which is understandable since it is the first episode, but it made up for that in content. You both obviously enjoy the things you talked about and I felt that excitement while listening. Now here are some ways I personally think you could improve your podcast;

1) Your intro(s) need work. Except for the very first one, please state clearly when you are moving onto a new sections. Just playing the intro isn\'t enough unless the intro very clearly states the segment (which yours didn\'t). You also had two opening intros, and so I would recommend just using the tone harmonic instead of the creepy man enticing me into his windowless van.

2) Segments can be added. In this first episode I hear only 3 real segments, which were chronologically Introductions, Games we like, Support the Animals, and more Games we like. I think while these 3 things are fine, you need more. I would highly recommend you switch from just a \'Gaming\' podcast, to a StarMade podcast. There are endless gaming podcasts, but you would be the only StarMade podcast. With that in mind, I think your segments could run something like this: Introductions, StarMade News, Viewer Questions about StarMade, Server Updates, Viewer Suggestions about StarMade, Other Games you Like, Viewer questions/suggestions (not about StarMade), Real Life Things, Ending.

3) Format can be easily improved. I\'m guessing you weren\'t in the same room when recording this, which is understandable. However, once university starts again you could really try to record episodes together. This could improve sound quality and also prevent you both from interrupting each other (which happened far too often). I would also recommend setting up the podcast on YouTube in addition to iTunes. You have it set for free on iTunes so it isn\'t like you\'re losing money, and you can attract a larger audience by uploading to YouTube. Since YouTube is a video site, I would suggest video of the topics you are talking about playing in the background. These would be pre-recorded and just there in case someone isn\'t only listening to your podcast.

This advice is just what I\'m offering and shouldn\'t be taken as me demanding anything. I will still look forward to your next episode coming out and will send in plenty of suggestions and questions to [email protected]