plusnine's Default Pack Extension for Servers and Clients

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    a player suggested an orientable arrow toggle block:

creation of this block revealed some interesting possibilities within the limitations of the texture-swap-on-activation buttons. i still assigned a single face to all six sides, but by turning on orientation, and enabling the side textures to point toward orientation, it was possible to get both up/down and left/right arrow pairs in a single block. will be tweaking and deciding if i want to "cap the tube" or not and the best way to do that since it will either cost 2 adjacent textures in the pack or perhaps i can find something suitable in the default textures.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ehh maybe make it look a bit more like the mobile construction digital signs

Reaction score
    I really love your texture pack plusnine, it adds so much to the game. Ill be using it in all my builds from now on..
    I'm having trouble finding your logos in creative mode, do I manually spawn those in or have I missed them?
    Thanks again for these new blocks fantastic job!

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    thanks for the high praise! i am glad you are finding the new blocks useful.

yes, the emblem blocks are not craftable, nor are they set to appear in shops, so they do not appear in the creative mode screen (only items sold at shops show up in creative!).
    this was to prevent masquerading on the server i play on, allow factions to use their own emblems as a kind of in-faction currency, and to have them be meaningful pvp trophies if they are colllected from your enemies.

you can change this for yourself and add the emblems into creative mode easily by searching out the shop flags in the BlockConfigImport.xml file (before you import them) and swapping thisflag:

<InShop>false</InShop> -> <InShop>true</InShop>

* note: doing this en masse will add the delta blocks into shops as well, which is really not recommended if you're running a server with other players.

A list of emblem block names is also available in the included readme file, which you can use to deliver them via the /give command, e.g.:

/give plusnine "Magrathean Emblem" 1000

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I really like all the blocks in this pack. Adds a lot of things that I hope will one day be default blocks. I like the different emblems and expanded colors. I really like that you added pink. I also really dig all the different screens (assault monitor is really cool).

There is a problem though. Idk if its a bug though but shadows don't seem to work correctly on the new blocks. They stand out incredibly in shadows. This is the only thing keeping me from using this pack on all my ships.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    There is a problem though. Idk if its a bug though but shadows don't seem to work correctly on the new blocks. They stand out incredibly in shadows. This is the only thing keeping me from using this pack on all my ships.
    interesting, i've never experienced such a thing, but i play on ultra settings most of the time. would you mind taking a screenshot and reporting your client's visual settings for me in the launcher or listing them for me here on this thread? i would love to follow up on this.

there are several things in the starmade graphics engine that are handled differently (or leftover from ancient versions of the game) that do not match how default textures are handled, but there is little in the end that i can do to address this other than to report the bugs to Schine. i've reported all the ones i know of to Schine via the bugtrackers, but i've never experienced this particular issue myself. it was my hope that this pack would be attractive enough to players and server administrators to begin to call attention to the myriad bugs that plague the system which prevent it from being more adopted by the community and servers at large. working customization in a game like this would be a huge selling point!

Reaction score
    So it may just be the texture itself. I tested a bunch and it seemed to be effected by light, just not the same is the others. either way I've attached a picture and my settings.cfg

In the picture you'll see that it is only certain shades that stand out. It might just be the color but under shadows it stands out far more than the default colors.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    So it may just be the texture itself. I tested a bunch and it seemed to be effected by light, just not the same is the others. either way I've attached a picture and my settings.cfg

In the picture you'll see that it is only certain shades that stand out. It might just be the color but under shadows it stands out far more than the default colors.
    i see.

is it possible you're not using the latest version of the pack (2015-09-12a.)? the first two editions of the pack were released prior to emission maps being added to the game. double check your CustomBlockTextures folder and insure that the .tga files are in there, as those are the new files that contain the emission maps.

since the addition of the emission map features, schine has changed the emission map sets for all the hull types at least once, so there is definitely some mis-matching going on with the current release. i have new release of the pack next week with a set that better matches what is currently in the default pack, so definitely come back and install the new pack at that time to see if you're still experiencing any mis-matches against the default pack. thanks for the notification, this will light a fire under my butt to get a copy of the current dev build and sanity test my emission maps against the default. i'll use your settings.cfg to test that out tonight.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    Pack update is now available!

As always, before you update, be sure to reset your BlockConfig.xml to its default state!

http://starmadedock.net/content/plusnines-default-pack-extension-for-servers-and-clients.3201/

In addition to bringing this edition into compliance with the normal and emissive maps in the default pack again, I've added a few new blocks for videographers who want to create in-game special effects for their videos. These include:

One way glass:

and Green Screen (Chromakey) blocks:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Do i extract to "using steam"
    C/program files (x86)/steam/ steamapps/common/StarMade/StarMade
    if so do replace the folders or did i go 1 folder to far?

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    vis a vis our prior discussions on why/how custom texture range blockfaces are blurrier than the default g
    Do i extract to "using steam"
    C/program files (x86)/steam/ steamapps/common/StarMade/StarMade
    if so do replace the folders or did i go 1 folder to far?
    that should be the correct path, yes, however, i've heard several reports of steam auto-patching sometimes. a manually managed installation path is much easier to work with!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    New version out today:
    plusnine's Default Pack Extension for Servers and Clients 2015-11-21a.

• Updated all hulls, emblems, and letters to match the look of the current Starmade Default Pack look.
    • Removed several inactive/underutilized emblems to make room for Shogunate Season 2 content. It was becoming too much work to maintain them through the recent changes in the hulls, anyhow.
    • Added a new animated block: Corrupted Essence, which is craftable in a basic factory from 4 Corrupted Emblems. These look and act like Green Forcefields, but will also serve as a token currency on the Mushroom Fleet server.
    • Changed Slate Grey Standard Armor to be a bit more blue in color, since it was made redundant by the addition of Dark Grey Standard Armor.
    Note: The BlockConfigImport.xml included with this release had to made compatible with StarMade v.19498 in mind, and is not compatible with v.19488 or earlier. Due to a lack of available Custom block IDs, the custom hulls in the pack do not have slab options (yet).

The new slate is below at top-right, in between Teal Standard and Navy Advanced:

Corrupted Essence in action:

Party on, people~

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Mushroom Fleet has, and continues to enjoy using plusnine's custom blocks and textures and effects very much; however, recent updates to the game have broken the pack as contained here and in the linked resource. Myself and other MF members are currently working on a new version that will be compatible with SM again, and get the custom textures back on the server.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    MushroomFleet isn't dead?

Huh.

*grabs baseball bat*