Plumes Not Appearing Consistently Through Blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I can't seem to get the shiny new thruster plumes to appear reliably through ice blocks. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and I cannot figure out what is happening affect whether or not they appear. I have them shrouded with ice blocks to obscure the unsightly thruster modules themselves.

Tried turning off framebuffer which made a difference for a moment (possibly just coincidental) but plumes did not appear the second time I tested. Any advice on this one would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Plumes don't exactly like to appear when there is a block directly on the back face of them, if you leave a one block gap between the thruster and the next surface, they should appear. I don't know exactly how slabs/wedges/etc. affect the plume, but I would assume that it works the same way.

If you're looking at the ship from the side:
    <-- Front of ship
    [Thruster][Empty Space][Block]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I did try setting it up that way but the effect seemed to be the same. They appeared and then they never did again thereafter. I see a lot of builders taking advantage of the nice new plumes but still managing to hide the modules. I don't know if it's perhaps my graphics settings, there's something wrong with the game or it's just the way I'm setting them up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Download/import this:
    Mantis
    and see if the plumes work (because they do for me). If they don't, ...
    try filing a bug report maybe (and make sure to give your hardware/cpu specs), and see what the devs have to say,
    or wait for someone with more knowledge in this subject to help you out.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    There is currently a bug where the thrust plumes don't always update. You can force an update by changing sectors. So if they start getting screwy just change sectors and see.