Plexlifters + stores on ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've always hated the fact that I can't have a plexlifter in a ship. It's really irritating to have a drop in your vessel that you'd otherwise need to make a staircase to get up or be out of the ship's gravity field (which is even worse when someone else is actually flying). I'd love to have plexlifters inside of my ship. On another note; Why are we restricted from having our own store blocks in our ships? Wouldn't it be nice to have a store block on your cargo freighter so other players could dock to your ship and browse the items you've picked up on your voyage? I really don't get why these two objects couldn't already be placed on ships, though I understand the plexlifter could probably have some issues getting the elevator part to align with the ship's angle to the 'world.'

Reaction score
    I made a thread about plexlifters on ships. I think it is to encourage using stations or Planets. But while it would be nice to have lifters on ships, it is very unlikley we will get them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont see why not hav plex lifters on ships. Seems fairly straight forward code wise?

Reaction score
    THe problem, as stated by OP, is that alignment would be a potential issue, what happens when you do a barrel roll? It is hard to fathom, from a non-java programmer standpoint, how hard it would be to program this and how demanding it would be on the client and server systems. It is probably not straightforward at all... not even remotely.

Reaction score
    Well, ships are stand-alone objects, they have their own up, down, left right, etc, so wouldnt it be a matter of spawning the lifter platform based on the orientation of the block itself in relation to the ship, and move along the Z axis (Y axis in java, because its wird like that) till it reaches the end of the lifter stack?

If gravity can be maintained for a ship, then theres no much reason why the lifter would be overly difficult.

Reaction score
    Lifts are practically mandatory for this game to be complete. Why? B/c it\'s about starships durr, and as we all know...EVERY....SINGLE.....SHIP.....has a cargo/personel lift.

Reaction score
    shops:wont work, what if you have 10k of EVERY item in the sho (unlikely but possible) and its destroyed? its no different then on a unprotected station but still,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Need plex lifters!

Gravity / ship core direction of the ship should take care of plex lifter woes.

Shops on ships I think not! Way too much freedom like that. You should have to drag your ass down to your nearest walmart starmade shop and buy from there. Not have walmart on wheels.

Reaction score
    It is said in stone, people here would like lifters on ships. For now you can edit it in block editor I think, but later on...#OccupyStarmade. Also, what if the shops were limited in their design? Such as a maximum of 10000 credits and only 10 Item slots and limited stacks of items?

Reaction score
    ok so how about one of yous that want it make some java coding for it and send it to schema remember it has to handle barrel rolls ny direction at any time and not cause lag ... since it\'s so simple any of you that want it can come up for the code for it ;) words are always easier than actions.... dont get me wrong I would love to see a faster mode of transportation inside the ship but I also know it would not be easy

Reaction score
    If the angle of thge ship to the rest of the universe causes the problem for the generated platform why not orient the platform in relation to the ship. maybe create a new lift block for ships or something.

Reaction score
    maybe just add a ladder block wouldnt be too difficult to code (not a java programmer, dont quote me on that) and ship shops are nice. just make it so they have to be docket in order to use it

Reaction score
    I don\'t think any limitation like that should be in game, unless there is some technical difficulty behind them.

I mean in case of shops, you must restock it yourself or wait for other player to sell some stuff there, no magic involved, and in so-called real life (dunno why it exist, BTW... Most. Boring. Sim game. Ever. ;)) you also have \"shop on wheels\" and you don\'t complain.

In case of lifts, as said before, they can be transformed to match ship\'s rotation. I\'ve worked with several engines, both Java (JMonkeyEngine) and C# (Unity) and I know this is pretty easy code-wise.

Furthermore I think respawn blocks should be allowed on ships too so when you die you\'d be revived on your ship and not several sectors away. In case respawn block would get destroyed, you\'d respawn at spawn.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it is the same issue with having storage chests on your ship. i have 2m of some blocks, and i will lose them if my ship dies. why would it not be the same with a shop? you die, you lose the shop and everything it has in it. simple. same with the credits that you had in it.