Plexlifter on Planet?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi All,

Thought to make a lift to a docking platform on a planet using plexlifter blocks. It seemed quite straight forward to do, but the result looks like there's something not quite right.

Obvious question, what am I missing here? ;-) (using latest build, single player)

A small additional question, is there a way to let screenshots be saved anywhere else then the StarMade root folder?

Greets,

Jan

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    They didnt get updated to work with new planets, so they are broken. Apparently its partly the same reason that we cant use them on ships yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They didnt get updated to work with new planets, so they are broken. Apparently its partly the same reason that we cant use them on ships yet.
    Hmm, I faintly expected something like this when I noticed planets weren't a flat pancake anymore as I saw in some videos.
    I wonder, looking at the angle, if there's one side on the planets were the plexlifter would still work. Time to do some exploring. ;-)

@der_scheme: That's a pity, I half and half hoped there would be a setting in any of the *.cfg's for that.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Good it answer my question about space elevator , you know building an elevator from the planet to a station in orbit so you dont need to land on the surface with a ship. It would be a pretty good solution to get on or out of a planet surface without a shuttle.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, some quick tries on likely planet faces didn't have the desired result. That strange angle on the platform seems to stay the same whatever planet facet one chooses. In other words, a space elevator is not in the cards it seems at the moment. ;-)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I've seen the concept gravitational lift mentioned in other posts as well and, although I can envision how that could work, a video or more in depth description would be handy to see what's involved exactly. ;-)

Greets,

Jan