PlexLifter In Ships

Reaction score
    It would be great to have plexlifters in ship interiors when you make a huge ship with gravity. Flipping gravity on and off works but it isnt optimal or even good..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be a nice addition for big ship builders. Im currently working on a 180m long ship with 4 decks, and will need to build staircases of sorts, but plexlifters would save alot of space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even in smaller ships, a plexi lift could be used. I want to make lift access to the central turret in an ebon hawk style design...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Support! i always wanted to step in my ships. ride an elevator trough a glass tube up to the core Sci-Fi style

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Considering plexlifts only go one way (up), and that \"flying\" inside the ship from one deck to another breaks your sense of realism or whatever.. then how does it make more sense to jump down the elevator shaft to the deck below?

RAMPS! Ramps are the future!

Reaction score
    For attention. At least we need similar block for ships. I made my 900m long and 200m high ship and having no plexlifters is death to that ship.

Reaction score
    Yeah, plexlifters for ships would be great. I have a ship I\'m building with a ~100 mass frame and it still has two decks in which a plexlifter would be useful.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this will be added in the future since even the description of plexlifters in the shop mention it being used in massive ships. It\'s an alpha to they so the ability is probably not in place yet due to issues we do not see.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Plexlifters would be cool on ships because maybe you could be able to change the orientation so that you could make them go up, down, and backwards.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make gravity generators work a bit differently. Have them give a ship gravity, instead of simply making a player on the ship feel gravity. That is, if it is on, then a player who has never been to the ship will enter its gravity automatically without needing to find a gravity block.

Of course, some form of fine-tuning the gravity may be necessary, perhaps having a new block that determines where on the ship there is gravity rather then relying only on the ship\'s \"chunk size\" (allowing for damage to knock it off-line for some of the ship, or for a zero-gravity area like a docking area to be built in). And for the sake of the physics engine, it will NOT affect other ships.

The reason they probably don\'t have plexlifters on ships right now is likely due to some iffy mechanics in making sure things on a ship (players) stay, well, ON the ship. Activating gravity can help you stay in place as a ship moves, but its still a bit alpha on account of being in alpha.

Reaction score
    I don\'t know the specific reason that these are currently disallowed, though if I had to make an assumption it\'s likely relative to the calculations the server would have to run on operating an elevator while the entity it\'s tied to is in motion. Similar to the gravity and collision calculations run when you bump into something or come too close to a planet. There is also a Plexilander though it\'s not obtainable through normal means as of yet. It would be nice to see these things in the larger ships, so hopefully the hurdle in the way of that is not too large.