PlexiDoor Wedge and PlexiDoor Controller

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    PlexiDoors could use a wedge model too for awesome door designs, landing gears, exit ramps, etc.

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if you could control door groups while piloting the ship... a door controller that you can connect doors to and toggle them when piloting.

Reaction score
    Great idea!

However I\'d like also \"negated\" version of wedges/doors/corners (invisible by default). Why? So when I open doors, exit ramp would appear automatically and vice-versa.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The docking beam you use, opens and closes the plex doors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes I know, but the controller would be useful for other purposes like enabling landing gears and stuff like that... you can\'t really get out of your ship and enable landing gears expecially if you have a small ship without interior.

A controller would be totally optional because it\'s a diferent block and requires linking the doors you want to be controlled by that controller instead of using beams/use on doors directly.

Reaction score
    I like this idea. It\'s rather difficult to hunt down every Plex door, especially in large ships that you buy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That sounds a bit more complicated than it needs to be, you could just have 2 controllers... this game would need a second or more \"chairs\" for co-pilots that can handle stuff like these, navigation, doors, ramps, gears, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s like designing weapons, select and connect or select and place to autoconnect... except that you don\'t *have* to hunt them all down if you don\'t need to control all of them from your pilot seat, but the option would be good.

Reaction score
    The controller cube could help create some bomber designs with the disintegrator cubes...

As for the \"ramp\" it would be interesting for boarding actions to have.

And wedge, is an auto-yes for design beauties

Reaction score
    This would be especially useful if Bobby AI ever learns how to return the ship to wherever it was docked instead of vanishing into space.