PlexDoors - BlastDoors - Doors

Reaction score
    PlexDoors - This is a rather plain and obvious suggestion. We have all those wonderful colors and yet we lack any of them for the plexdoor. Would it not be nice to have a white/red/yellow or black door? I think there should be some more plexdoor blocks, but in the various colors and maybe some different textures. I'm sure I am not alone in thinking the jail bar, vent grating, texture is a little....rustic looking for high-end starship designs.

BlastDoors - Like a hardened hull variation of plexdoor, what more to it? Maybe a computer module so you can lock down a ship from a sec-room or bridge. Over all, it takes more damage.

Doors - We need more door designs/shapes. I know having a block the can detect other blocks of the same type can be easy for the on/off binary style thing, but I'm sure that in the least everyone would enjoy some wedge shaped plexdoors, and at most, some doors that are animated (diagonally opening hanger doors anyone?).

Reaction score
    colored plexdoors, yes please and dont forget the glass plexdoors :P

blasstdoors? hell yeah, activatable armor plating and vault doors for the win :D also a remote control by computer sounds neat.

wedge doors, yes please, also add corners while youre at it :),

but differently animated doors? i dont see that happening, maybe sliding blocks but right now they are not animated, they just become invisible/pass thoughable....

Reaction score
    Yes to (computer controlled preferably) activatable armour and blast doors! :D

I\'m not really sure how wedge doors would be useful though???

A bit of a tangent, but on the note of PlexDoors, it\'d be great if while inside the door you couldn\'t activate them, also though it\'d be great if you could active other components that your looking at (e.g. computers (e.g. bobby AI/faction module)) it would make them viable as access panels, which I do use them for, but you\'re not always able to active the module due to the PlexDoor being in the way...

Reaction score
    love this idea.... wedge plex doors would help for hallways which arn\'t squared like a hexagon entrance / hallway

Reaction score
    I think this is a great idea and have a few additonal suggestions:

-Sound effects for opening closing doors - could differ for normal doors and blast doors.

- Timing - Make blast doors take longer to open than a normal door, would mean it was more likely people would reserve them for exterior doors / vaults than internal doors.

- Using a computer / control block as an activation for that door, perhaps have it where a password needs to be entered to gain access for those doors to open. Could help in keeping certain areas of clan ships for only certain members

- The above control block could also be used to have an automatic timer for closing the doors.

Reaction score
    Notice that my door has an odd shape

See how I had to use hull wedges and add an extra 8 blocks to imitate an non-rectangular doorway?

I should have mentioned this in the OP, but wedge plexdoors wouldn\'t work for my (and I\'m sure others) case here because the wedge still takes the whole voxel space (the cubed space of volume) leaving a hole like spot in the design, so the wedge would require a code change to allow another wedge in an appropriate angle to fill in the opposite end of the space to seal up that hole. This problem does not render the whole idea void seeing as creative builders can find another use for wedge plexdoors, however, my original point for making this suggestion is (void).

I am fully aware of my inability to communicate my ideas very well, so if you want me to try again just shoot me a message.