Plexdoors and remote control

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi i have a suggestion to make.

I came up with the idea when trying to build a hangar for my spaceship.

1. A block to add, next to a plex-door layer with that you can remotely open/close the plex-doors by using your docking beam for example, because landing, exiting ship, open door, enter ship, dock, exit ... well you get the point me think.... is quiet uncomfortable

2. The docking beam should be able to pass throug plex-doors that are in >open< state because now you can see a docking block but you can't reach it when it's behind a open plex-door layer

Reaction score
    The docking beam actually activates plexdoors (at least on stations).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The docking beam works on all plexdoors unless they are on an entity owned by another faction. It\'s fine how it is.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But that mechnism is of no use because the beam cant pass through the opened (invisible) plex-doors and though you cant hit a docking block that is behind the doors. a switch blockis nessecary

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree that there should be a remote block that can activate other plexdoors. This would also come in handy when navigating small hallways on a ship or station that has way too many doors... It would also be nice to link a \"Switch\" block to lights as well...

Reaction score
    Is there a way to open the plex doors of your own ship while in flight mode? Or do AI dropships do that themselves? For instance open the hanger doors of a carrier without coming out of flight mode?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yes. With the structure panel. Although it is only half done, it opens doors