Plex storage labels

Should plex storage units have a label?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    Plex storage units should have a label on the outside so you can keep track of what is in them.
    There should be a box in the gui for you to enter the label text.

The label should be visible on the outside of them as well as when you select them from the drop down box in a ship rather than showing the coordinates.

Reactions: Mork2

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Ah i see what you're saying now.

If i read it correctly, Rockeman was wanting a labelling system for his storage? So he can name a chest for it's purpose. ie; 'weapons box' for a plex storage only for weapon blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ah i see what you're saying now.

If i read it correctly, Rockeman was wanting a labelling system for his storage? So he can name a chest for it's purpose. ie; 'weapons box' for a plex storage only for weapon blocks.
    ooo now i understand oooo sorry

Reaction score
    *facepalm*
    ooo now i understand oooo sorry
    I think it may be to hard to create a system that would allow such a small feature.
    You'd need some kind of advanced text system, and either way it would be hard to put on a block.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    *facepalm*

I think it may be to hard to create a system that would allow such a small feature.
    You'd need some kind of advanced text system, and either way it would be hard to put on a block.
    Personally I am hoping for a sign system similar to minecraft, albeit futuristic, that should be sufficient for labeling chests.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, labeling system would actually make it easier to use the structure tab for everything. Imagine being able to label docking ports, label weapons systems, doors. Adding group functionality would make things easier.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ltmauve
    To label weapons and other systems, at first, we need to know what is what, so there should be an option to click on the thing on structure tab (weapon, storage, dock module) and have a building mode view centered on this specific block/system. Even with few plex containers naming them could be bothersome, but if we knew which container we are currently naming then the problem is gone.

Of course i'm talking about a situation when naming (doors, weapon systems, etc.) could be done only via structure tab. If we could do the same in astronaut mode then it'd make life even easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: AsherMaximum
    Reaction score
    I know this is an old thread, but I think this is still needed, especially for factories. I'm not sure what the new storage system will look like when it is implemented, but I am pretty sure it won't affect factories, so it still would be nice to have labels for them in the drop-down on a station's inventory menu.

Also, I highly agree with the labeling of weapon systems. Would be really nice to have a way to see that when flying, even if we only had 2 lines 6-7 chars long that showed on top of the hotbar icon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ehh, this is what the player and the screens are for. The player place a screen, types a few block types, and then the player places the right blocks in the plex storage. Really simple.

Reaction score
    That does not solve the issue of selecting storage from the drop down menu in the inventory tab though, which is really helpful when in build mode. Since the factories show up there too, they get mixed in, and you can't tell the difference in the list!