Plex Lights and Lighting Intensity

Xeo

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    With the addition of shadows, I feel that lighting has become way too harsh and high contrast.
    I would like to suggest that plex lights should have the lighting intensity lowered a bit and the radius increased to provide a more ambient lighting for interior areas.

Lighting large areas inside ships has become especially difficult without having lighting in the ceiling, walls and floor, which can have a negative effect on the aesthetics.

Ideally, I would like to see lighting settings in the structure tab that allow you to set the lighting intensity and radius of plex lights collectively for your ship.

Reactions: Iskandar
    Reaction score
    I'm not entirely sure on the internal workings of lights, but I could image that having lots of lights with varying intensity would cause quite a bit of lag when loading the data on each one.
    But I do agree on the fact that lights could be less intense with radius increased.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Xeo

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I'm not entirely sure on the internal workings of lights, but I could image that having lots of lights with varying intensity would cause quite a bit of lag when loading the data on each one.
    But I do agree on the fact that lights could be less intense with radius increased.
    That's why I said collectively ;)
    As in, a single setting for all the lights attached to your ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I had to disable shadows shortly after they came out because of this. Too few lights, and you can't see anything. Too many lights, now everything is washed out.
    Less intensity but with a wider range would be real nice.
    That, and tweek the light reflectivity of certain blocks. I can't really use white hull, because they light up like flipping neon when near plex lights. Actually, they glow all on their own.

Reaction score
    Quite honestly the lighting could be better.
    personally I've always wished for some kind of floodlights.