1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

plex lifting ship from hanger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ciggofwar, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Ciggofwar

Ciggofwar Home of Titan Guard

I trying to find a way to make a slight gavity field for a couple of projects, not looking for a planet or a gravity generator!

I'm looking for making a transistion point from a weak gravity field so the hanger lifter looks real and delivers the ship to a placed location, currently the lifter comes in contact with the ship and sends it upwards, more of an appearance sisuation shown in the pictures.

[​IMG]

In this pic the ship is resting on the plex doors, this is the ideal location.

[​IMG]

This the reach of the plex lifter slightly above where the plex hanger doors are and ideally having the ship in this location would be perfect.

[​IMG]

This is where the ship floated too, not problematic but has to do with the flow of mechanic's of an operation, does anyone have a solution to this? I tried putting dirt in various spots as I heard it holds some gravity when grouped in an area but this did not work, also tried a segment of 16x16x16 which had no effect either.