Plex Lifter

Reaction score
    Hey !

If I'm coming to you today, it's because the Plex Lifter exists. BUT IT IS NOT AWESOME !

Here is my opinion about how to make it better, a lot better !

First of all, why limit the Plex Lifter to make things goes up ? Why not be able to place the block sideway ?
    I believe that the block could act the same way and be placed in every direction.

Second of all, why can't we go both ways ? Ever imagine going up to the top of the building to die jumping from it ? Well I hope not ( else you might want to seek advices at the doctor ).
    I understand that it might be a little difficult for the state is eather activated or not activated. So what we could do it combine 2 Plex Lift columns to have one makes the platform goes up and the other down.

This leads to my last point, why a square surrounding the block ?

It would be great to be able to design his own lift by using the PlexLifter block as an entity that you can link with a set of block that will move in the Plex Lifter direction.

So, to resume :
    - Able the Plex Lifter to work in every direction.
    - Able the player to combine Plex Lifter to make it both ways ( or make a single Plex Lifter do so )
    - Able the player to select the blocks that are to be moved in the PlexLifter direction. ( Maybe use a system similar to docking for collisions not to happen )

This would able us to build trains, lifts, public transports, ship's exit/entry ( like a part of the ships can move up/down to bring the passenger)

Combined with the logic system, a more complex Plex Lifter would be amazing !

Rate the post agree if you like it, agree with it and would want it to come true !

Comments with the possibilities you can think of and your opinion about it.

Thanks for reading,
    Elladan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    And yet another of those things, which you know just has to be implemented in the game. I rate this post a 10+.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having the plexliter platform be variable in shape might not work. Having it be variable in size is probably easy. Also, plexlifter blocks should output a logic signal when the platform reaches them.

Reaction score
    Yeah the third point would really be a plus to fully complete the feature and extend its use to our imagination ( which is huge :D )