Plex Doors

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Anyone can open plex doors with docking beems even if they are placed by a different faction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do you mean that docking beems can open plexdoors? This is likely for docking hanger reasons. There was many reports about doors being opened. But if you have a faction module there is not really alot they can do to your ship anyway. They won\'t be able to dock either.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I mean that anyone can open any PlexDoors, even doors from another faction

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know this is a glitch because I ran into it while attacking my friend\'s base and I opened his hanger doors with my docking beam and was able to get in despite him having a faction module AND the station being his home base... Schema please fix this so it doesn\'t happen to me!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, Im relatively new to Starmade but it was my understanding that plex doors were meant to be opened by docking beams. It worked since i first started playing but now when i try it on one specific ship in my faction they will not open! it says action is denied by faction o_O the ship belongs to my faction and i am in the faction. All my other ships plex doors open except one. Cant seem to figure it out. I also cannot dock with some small ships on that ship either. Any help or suggestions to fix would be appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The ship you\'re in needs a faction module and it has to be set to your faction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    put one in and it still doesnt work. Also none of my other ships have faction modules and i can open the plex doors on them jsut fine. one thing different about this particular ships i couldnt find info on is that the core has a green diamond around it with my faction name after the ship name when i target it. None of the other ships have a green diamond around them. Did i do somethign to the ship permissions and not realize it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The ship with the green diamond is in your faction. The ship you are flying while using the docking beam also needs to be in your faction (you can tell because it will also have a green diamond)