Please nerf the antimatter cannons or something

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Why? I'll tell you why... Because no matter how your armor is thick if it gets to the core you are doomed...

What I just think, temporarily, until something better will be added, armor should be more resistant to energy weapons. Maybe even with doubled mass for the price.

Antimatter cannons should be used more to destroying shields, not used like ultimate weapon against everything...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dude you either get SHIELDS or MORE shields to guard your WHOLE ship its better.

They are basically a useless gun unless you have like 200 of um then at that point they are a little bit OP

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I do think the AMCs need to be tweaked, every large ship turns out to be either a minigun or auto shotgun. The AMCs should get slower firing as they get bigger and bigger not faster and faster, and increase the damage significantly as they get larger. Perhaps a limit on the number of individual guns a single computer can control to prevent large shotgun type ships that potentially create tons of lag. If AMCs also got slower ROF as they got larger they would also need small ammounts of splash damage so you are not wasting extreamly high damage shots on a single block

Reaction score
    60(aprox)x3x3 i have 24 of those on my cruiser and 30x3x7, 2 of those. require over 700k power a second to run fully, i think they have theire costs, big ship=big power=big amc small ship=small power=small amc all in all big ships are better

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @monkey On the other hand, at 200 blocks for just cannons, you start being a fairly noticable and slow target, meaning that your enemies will have a really easy time hitting you.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Nothing else needs to be said.

They are incredibly overpowered right now. Decrease the damage or increase armor HP and shield regen/pool. And, very true. Once your shields are down, unless you\'re flying a symmetrical Borg cube, you\'re pretty much boned.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hahahah, I expect that somebody flame me for this one xD I just don\'t wanna instal on my ship like 10 million shields to make it tougher. People make that kind of ships, seen one on server where I play...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Big ships can be better in terms of shields and space, but one thing you haven\'t considered is that big ships take FOREVER to turn around. In battles, this can make all the difference, as a big ship can be outgunned by a smaller ship solely on the virtue of maneuverability.

In layman\'s terms: The little ships can move around more, while the big ships have trouble turning.

This alone can make up for the Shotgun/Minigun thing. AMCs are perfectly good the way they are.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    AMC\'s are the only weapon that can damage shields right now.

The only real way to solve this problem is diversifying the weapons palette; something that isn\'t happening soon. For now, the only real way to defend from AMCs from coring you are to maneuver and shield tank.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    They have been nerf\'d before, you should of seen the level of OP they were before that, ohlawd.
    That being said, I think all they need is a cone of accuracy, splash damage and higher reload time the larger they are.

I build a turret that required something like 6 million e/sec to continuously fire. it literally takes anything out in seconds. AMCs are still too overpowered.

Hulls need a major buff, especially hardened hull.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you don\'t want to put many shields on your ship, don\'t fight ships with many AMC. Simple.