Please make copy/paste/template remember "make output"

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I recently had need to either move my core in a ship build, or cut/paste my whole ship to a new placement. Moving cores is still impossible, cutting and pasting the whole thing, one piece at a time was the only option. However the ship I was building was a very complicated salvage array, one where the second part of the checkerboard swept back along the length of the first, so as to minimize the length of it. Among other things, this required manually setting several hundred outputs, most of which were buried by subsequent lines of salvage modules.

As one may surmise from the intent of this post, copy/pasting did NOT save the output designations and redoing them after pasting was effectively impossible. I had no choice but to abandon several hours of work and start over from scratch.

Could we please have the outputs saved during the cut/copy operation?

Last edited:

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    As a general guideline I would go as far as to say 'save the setting' of any menu item, slide-down tab, search window or previous selection. As a default: SM should save it. This goes for the shopping categories, filter-menus...everything. If I go some where in the menu I am likely coming back soon to compare, or continue my inventory shifting. My page should stay the same even if I go to a another shop.

If the interface behaved this way, in a predictable way, It would make navigation, and learning SM that much easier. The complexities of SM are already an entry-barrier for certain players. How much of niche can SM be?

"The wise man doesn't know how it feels...to be thick as a brick." Jethro Tull.