Please change the controls

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Left click should destroy a block, Right click should place it, Everything else uses this kind of system, Every game. Even age of empires, Deselect with right click, Select with left click. Everything uses this, PLEASE change it to the standard. At least allow us to change it, I only found out how to change it when not in a ship, Even though you do most building from inside of the core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seconded.

Furthermore, I would like to add that having shift as the default brake in your ship, and mousewheel as the way to switch weapon/tool systems in your ship whilst having the combination simply change your perspective is rather disruptive. I enjoy having the option, but having the ability to change what combo or what key I have bound to zooming in and out would be very appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its fine as it is. There is already an option for switching it too. From your post I assume it is faulty in that it only works in some modes. So this is a bug report, not a suggestion.

What they ought to do is re-arrange the default keybinds if anything. In particular, W being default for selecting the core while in build mode (sometimes anyway, it was weird) can be troublesome when you are trying to tell the game you want the computers selected and then try to move to the place you want to place the weapons.

Naturally, I had to completely redo rolls and strafes as well to something that actually made intuitive sense. I wish to thank the game\'s makers for putting in the option to change around keybinds to my liking, but would suggest that as the game nears completion that they add a checking mechanism to that system that detects conflicting keybinds like many games do. Its low enough priority that their time is best spent elsewhere for now, but they should keep it in a \"polish list\" of things to do near the end of beta somewhere.

After mucking about with keybinds as much as I did, it occurs to me when watching youtube videos that most people don\'t bother, because they almost never use vertical strafes. And when they try to in a hurry, like on a planet, they noob and enter build mode half the time by accident (space bar is a common jump/rise button).