Please add support for OpenGL 2.0

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    At the moment, alot of people are unable to play this game (as much fun as it looks to be) because you must have the OpenGL 2.1 driver. I suggest an option to choose which version of OpenGL (between 2.0 or above) that you are using before game startup. Simply lowing the shading language version 1.2.0 or higher to something like Language Shading version 1.1.0. Also, the GL_EXT_texture_sRGB is uncompatible with OpenGL 2.0. Thank you, I hope this gets fixed soon.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I\'m not certain it\'s even possible, some of the functions in the game will probably need the 2.1 drivers, and these functions wouldn\'t be able to be done with 2.0.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The only thing about this game that isn\'t compatible with OpenGL 2.1 that I\'ve seen are the shaders. As OpenGL 2.0 only supports \"per-pix\" shading, that is why I cannot run it. Just to point out (and yes, I know they\'re not the same, but), Minecraft runs on OpenGL 2.0 until you install custom GLSL Shaders, then it requires OpenGL 2.1. All I\'m suggesting is either a mod or a hard fix to allow players that don\'t have access to the money nor the way to get a new graphics driver in order to play blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please do openGL 2.0 it would open the game up to so many more people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would take them so quick to get a shaders setting that allowed opengl 2.0 users to play the damn game.

Reaction score
    Hey, would you test my OpenGL 1.2 pixel shader demo? ;) Just to see what your card\'s capable of, or where my game engine falls on its knees.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wm275cn89k8q1go/Walkers_demo.zip

I can assure you it\'s no virus. Source code is here:
    https://code.google.com/p/nxpascal/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fdemos%2Ffpc%2Fwalker_shader

Reaction score
    As soon as you can find a way to cram a new Nvidia card into my 7 year old laptop, I will. Until then I can\'t play the game.

Reaction score
    i really wanna play on my netbook, since i have seen most requirements i can find online it can just run it on lowest settings, but due to shader(vertex and others) it cant. so i second this

Reaction score
    Please do this! D: it will help make more money for people that can donate a few dollars, but spending that much for a new graphics card just to place some blocks is too much....