Plead to developers.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That's still just building.

For the moment, I'm personally content with that but a number of people who want StarMade to also be the persistent trading, empire building PvE RPG exploration game the Devs keep promising it will be are getting impatient.
    It is not the same thing as building a ship... In logic and rails creations you have to use your mind a lot, while building only requiers creativity. You can't just make a logic build masterpiece if you don't have logic thinking.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    That's still just building.

For the moment, I'm personally content with that but a number of people who want StarMade to also be the persistent trading, empire building PvE RPG exploration game the Devs keep promising it will be are getting impatient.
    I would say that whilst a lot of the playerbase e.g. my faction, are waiting for these things like persistent trading and building, this is to an extent possible at the current stage also. The game is under development and constantly releasing small features piece by piece.

For example servers with developed scripting already have to some extent these PvE RPG elements thanks to customised wrappers, quests and missions.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It is not the same thing as building a ship... In logic and rails creations you have to use your mind a lot, while building only requiers creativity. You can't just make a logic build masterpiece if you don't have logic thinking.
    Regardless of whether you think building and making are two separate things, they are not going to give you the ability to trade in a balanced economy, create NPCs who will offer you quests or level-up your pilot with better skills and/or equipment.
    Chances are that players who want those things but are not particularly interested in ship building will also be not interested in making even more complex logic structures.

(Although I've seen some ships with very complex logic structures, so I fail to see why a ship can't be called a logic build)
    [doublepost=1498808855,1498808739][/doublepost]
    I would say that whilst a lot of the playerbase e.g. my faction, are waiting for these things like persistent trading and building, this is to an extent possible at the current stage also. The game is under development and constantly releasing small features piece by piece.

For example servers with developed scripting already have to some extent these PvE RPG elements thanks to customised wrappers, quests and missions.
    Have these quests been implemented using code native to StarMade? Or are they part of custom scripts/mods applied by the server admins?

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Have these quests been implemented using code native to StarMade? Or are they part of custom scripts/mods applied by the server admins?
    They are part of server scripting done by the relevant server administrators. One I would recommend checking out, for example, would be the Light vs Dark server. [Sorry for late reply have been busy lately]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They are part of server scripting done by the relevant server administrators. One I would recommend checking out, for example, would be the Light vs Dark server. [Sorry for late reply have been busy lately]
    Interesting. I only play offline at the moment but I might check that server out. Thanks :)