Plead to developers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Im tracking this game for a very long year, i just got some badge for yet another year of being registered in dock.

I am not playing the game for a reason many others stopped playing it: there is nothing to do other than build.

This issue was reported over ad over again and for a while it seemed devs will adapt their focus to finally add things to do in game.They announced to develop fleet commanda and some automation to have players things to do with their designs.

NOW i see for some reason Shine started to completely rework systems that were already in game, that were ALREADY REWORKED before (like advanced build mode), and still not adding anything to actually do aside from building.

I know, You want to plaace a proper foundation to build on first but for crying out lout it had been 5 years without adding anything of substance to the game.

You got yourself in a trap of trying to work on details so hard to perfect them you will NEVER finish the game if this goes on.You will just keep reworking existing systems infinetly.
    Right now you basicaly recreate entire game for over a year and not pushing anything forward.

SO PLEASE GET TO ADDING ACTUAL GAME FEATURES TO GIVE PLAYERS SOMETHING TO DO.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Im tracking this game for a very long year, i just got some badge for yet another year of being registered in dock.

I am not playing the game for a reason many others stopped playing it: there is nothing to do other than build.

This issue was reported over ad over again and for a while it seemed devs will adapt their focus to finally add things to do in game.They announced to develop fleet commanda and some automation to have players things to do with their designs.

NOW i see for some reason Shine started to completely rework systems that were already in game, that were ALREADY REWORKED before (like advanced build mode), and still not adding anything to actually do aside from building.

I know, You want to plaace a proper foundation to build on first but for crying out lout it had been 5 years without adding anything of substance to the game.

You got yourself in a trap of trying to work on details so hard to perfect them you will NEVER finish the game if this goes on.You will just keep reworking existing systems infinetly.
    Right now you basicaly recreate entire game for over a year and not pushing anything forward.

SO PLEASE GET TO ADDING ACTUAL GAME FEATURES TO GIVE PLAYERS SOMETHING TO DO.
    *Looks at the Universe update and the NPC Factions update*

I guess you need to look again?
    [doublepost=1497657951,1497657788][/doublepost]Also to add, adding features to a system is not reworking the whole system. Advance Build mode has been having features added to it regularly. The only thing being reworked is the power system, and the new proposed system is overall well revived.

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is why I have no desire to play until NPC factions are fixed. At least I can go shoot NPC ships and try to wipe out their faction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    *Looks at the Universe update and the NPC Factions update*

I guess you need to look again?
    [doublepost=1497657951,1497657788][/doublepost]Also to add, adding features to a system is not reworking the whole system. Advance Build mode has been having features added to it regularly. The only thing being reworked is the power system, and the new proposed system is overall well revived.
    YEa the half baked NPC factions not abl to pose any threat to anyone and not doing anything was the hope something is going to change.
    And they forsake working on those to work on systems that only change ways ships are being built, not adding any actual uses to ships, after you are able to kill isanth-sized npc enemies.

Reaction score
    Dude, just move to empyrion like everyone else. Only the fanboys are left here

Reaction score
    fighting other players can be fun for awhile, theres just no incentive to do it other than just for the sport. theres literally nothing else to do past the "im new" stage.

Dude, just move to empyrion like everyone else. Only the fanboys are left here
    empyrions a pretty different game even though theyre prob same genre.i play both, and emp also got boring super fast once you get out of the "survival" stage.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    empyrions a pretty different game even though theyre prob same genre.i play both, and emp also got boring super fast once you get out of the "survival" stage.
    Agreed with that. Once you get out of the planetary survival stage and exploration phase (Empyrion is a LOT smaller universe than Starmade, but just as monotonous on the long run) it quickly boils down to 1. PvP in which sheer size counts (there's a hard cap how many guns you can put on a ship, so after that it's all about armor tanking and redundant systems until you get cored), 2. repairing your ship block by block after battles (due to the terribad building system that only allows one symmetry axis at a time to place and NONE to remove in survival mode), and 3. maintenance of fuel, oxygen and food supply. So, just as much to do as in Starmade, BUT with more tedious, annoying stuff.

The only edge Empyrion has, is the better planetside gameplay... and that's about it. Late game, it's the same shit. I have played it, I have seen PvP servers too, and the meta is doombricks and coring. I had a few deja vu moments there.

Reaction score
    Agreed with that. Once you get out of the planetary survival stage and exploration phase (Empyrion is a LOT smaller universe than Starmade, but just as monotonous on the long run) it quickly boils down to 1. PvP in which sheer size counts (there's a hard cap how many guns you can put on a ship, so after that it's all about armor tanking and redundant systems until you get cored), 2. repairing your ship block by block after battles (due to the terribad building system that only allows one symmetry axis at a time to place and NONE to remove in survival mode), and 3. maintenance of fuel, oxygen and food supply. So, just as much to do as in Starmade, BUT with more tedious, annoying stuff.

The only edge Empyrion has, is the better planetside gameplay... and that's about it. Late game, it's the same shit. I have played it, I have seen PvP servers too, and the meta is doombricks and coring. I had a few deja vu moments there.
    agree. the survival aspect of emp is much better, but i mea nsm doesnt really attempt that so... emp has the same aimlessness later on with n ogoal, because pvp is still basically pointless, besides arguably controlling worthless nodes that you can always work around. i will say, like sm, there sa bit more ship building depth than just size, but like sm was a year or 2 ago, the meta hasnt been well uncovered. i have smal lcaps that massacre everything theyve ever come across there cause lol abuse mechanics

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    agree. the survival aspect of emp is much better, but i mea nsm doesnt really attempt that so... emp has the same aimlessness later on with n ogoal, because pvp is still basically pointless, besides arguably controlling worthless nodes that you can always work around. i will say, like sm, there sa bit more ship building depth than just size, but like sm was a year or 2 ago, the meta hasnt been well uncovered. i have smal lcaps that massacre everything theyve ever come across there cause lol abuse mechanics
    Abuse mechanics like the absolutely broken guided missiles that require no lock, just point click fire and forget? And since there are neither shields nor anti-missile turrets in Empyrion, nothing other than outrunning them will work?
    Or did you mean projectiles phasing through multiple layers of armor due to poor lag prevention and/or poor physics collision simulation?
    or the fact that the turn ratio and acceleration cap is higher for CVs than for SVs and you can outmaneuver a fighter with the carrier it's launched from?
    Or was it an armor layering technique of the many?

Reaction score
    My point exactly. Empyrion's ship-to-ship PvP and physics sim makes Starmade's look perfectly balanced.
    dont worry, i totally agree. just saying there is some unintended depth to design in empyrion as well, its nost just bigger is better.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you must insist on making a pointless complaint thread that contributes nothing and shows total ignorance of what's actually going on at shine and the multiple times they have stated that the game is NOT FINISHED, at least learn how to use proper spelling and grammar.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you must insist on making a pointless complaint thread that contributes nothing and shows total ignorance of what's actually going on at shine and the multiple times they have stated that the game is NOT FINISHED, at least learn how to use proper spelling and grammar.
    After five years of alpha they lost the right to make that argument.

They practically started to completely redo systems that were already in place, and whole point in having players in alpha is so they point out
    that shine is running circles after its own tail.
    It is high time to get shit done and add things to do after building.

Reaction score

They practically started to completely redo systems that were already in place, and whole point in having players in alpha is so they point out
    I've said it before and I'll say it again until the sun blows up. I would rather have a game 10 years in the making that actually means something and accomplishes its goals than have a once and done piece of garbage. Starmade has HUGE goals, goals that if realized could potentially have a large impact. I think that waiting however long, through as many seemingly mundane changes, will be worth it when we get to look at the golden game that will be the end product.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree with Amadeus. I don't care if it'll take another five years, I'd hate to see StarMade released without realizing its massive potential.

Reaction score

It's in alpha for as long as they say it is. No one else has the right to change that, or to even expect it of them. Just because YOU think it's past time, doesn't make it so.

Also, they're trying out. a new system in the hopes it improves the game, as opposed to just keeping what they have and moving on, despite any reservations they have. I appreciate that level of dedication to quality, instead of going the EA route. Are you going to tell me you think EA's way of doing things would be a better strategy?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I agree with Amadeus. I don't care if it'll take another five years, I'd hate to see StarMade released without realizing its massive potential.
    YEa the problem is they are not on a road to realizing that great potential.They are in a loop of never ending remaking already existing features in pursuit of imagined perfection, and whenever they face some imperfection they scrap previous work and start new sub-project which they wil inevitable scrap aswell.

It is a mistake of beginning developers mentioned in " Extra credits" youtube channel in which they talk about starting indie game.
    Mistake is trying to make something absolutely perfect which is imposible and makes developing gametedious and never ending cycle of correcting perceived errors.

I know shine is not exactly " beginner" but they ARE making this mistake.