Playing Starmade in Browser

Reaction score
    Starmade is a great game and I love to play it, but I don't have a good enough computer at home to play it. So to solve this I think that starmade should aslo be an in browser game. It would benifit many people who want to play Starmade if it was in browser.

Reaction score
    Your computer doesnt get better if u play a game in your browser i think it would be even worse.

Reaction score
    You realise that using it on a browser would make its performance WORSE, right?

Not to mention it would require the same drivers anyway, as it would still utilise all your hardware...

Let me guess, you got the idea from minecraft?

Reaction score
    I think he means that better computers that don\'t have it (and can\'t download it for some reason) can access it.

In starmade, even singleplayer games are servers. This wouldn\'t be true in a browser.

Reaction score
    You guys are all stating stuff without having a single clue of what you are talking about.

If StarMade runs in a browser, it will have the same requirements/bugs/whatever as it does without the browser and it will still make that \"server\" you are talking about because that\'s how the game was programmed, just like how Minecraft swapped to this system of running a server for single player (but then hidden) in a much later state.

Depending on your browser it may even run worse...

The fact that some people have driver issues, can also be the game\'s fault, as it\'s still in development and issues like this get fixed a little bit more with each build, but a browser version will have 0 contribution to the problem and is only meant for people that would like to directly play it from their browser, it has no other benefits over that, it\'s still the same game with the same system.

Reaction score
    Since minecraft changed to run the game as a server, you cannot play the full game in-browser, only a demo (which is not a server). If it were a server, it would keep as many files on your system as if you had downloaded it, hence being no different than if you just downloaded and played the game, except it has to pointlessly be run through your browser first.

Playing it in browser will make no difference for drivers because they are both java applications.