Recognized Players in build mode should be able to see each other

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Multiple players in build mode should be able to see each other. Even if it's just a holographic drone or something. This will make it easier to collaborate and show things to each other. Right now it's a lot of "I'm over here, find the lone reactor and then look towards the blinking rod light to see where I'm facing..."

Reaction score
    I love that idea! Only visable in build mode. It would also be nice if you could see which build blocks are being used, like a green "occupied" light.

Reactions: NTIMESc
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Multiple players in build mode should be able to see each other. Even if it's just a holographic drone or something. This will make it easier to collaborate and show things to each other. Right now it's a lot of "I'm over here, find the lone reactor and then look towards the blinking rod light to see where I'm facing..."
    shouldn't be much work to add that, although having holographic will probably not be a thing until later (because that will need a skin or something)

I love that idea! Only visible in build mode. It would also be nice if you could see which build blocks are being used, like a green "occupied" light.
    Is that really a problem though? You'll still have to look for that light to see if it is occupied. It could be a thing, but I can't say it will anytime soon, as the dev team is more focused on the big features.

Reaction score
    Is that really a problem though? You'll still have to look for that light to see if it is occupied. It could be a thing, but I can't say it will anytime soon, as the dev team is more focused on the big features.
    ikr. I want fleet control

Reaction score
    Agreed on the seeing one-another, but aren't bulild-blocks allready a multiple-use thing?
    I distinctly recall cramming 8 players into the same build-block, and all of them were properly able to edit the ship the block was part of.
    (the biggest issue I had was having to un-faction the ship, as I'd buried the faction block in an un-accessable spot on purpose. was not fun digging it out.)

Now, the Core is a different matter, as it can only have the one guy in it. (well, without Admin shenanigans anyway.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    We've found you can enter a Cannon Computer and use it as a build block which is how we've worked together to build ships. One guy in the core, one guy in the cannon computer. But when planning we have no idea where the other one is.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is that really a problem though? You'll still have to look for that light to see if it is occupied.
    Having an occupied indicator would be so you don't try and get in one that is in use, and have that annoying message pop up.

but aren't bulild-blocks allready a multiple-use thing
    Currently they are not, but they should be! This is an even better idea than an occupied light. Just make them multi-user!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Marked agree on the initial suggestion. I would love to see each other instead of placing light blocks and trying to describe the view... I'm not sure where the rest of the thread headed... My recall is that we can all cram into a single build block.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    That is a good idea! I have a feeling it wouldn't be too hard to do either. I will bring this up with the others.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, started to get off on a tangent, but the OP is a great idea.

Reaction score
    Currently they are not, but they should be! This is an even better idea than an occupied light. Just make them multi-user!
    I have a feeling that it will be much easier to make each build block have on player and hold one hologram than having it possible to have one build block being able to support 10-20 players at a time.

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a feeling that it will be much easier to make each build block have on player and hold one hologram than having it possible to have one build block being able to support 10-20 players at a time.
    Agreed. One Build Block per player, but you can put as many Build Blocks on your ship as you want.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If this isn't only for players in buildmode on the same entity this would also help to reccognize buildmode espionage (I heard this is a thing).

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think a transparent ship core texture would work well. Maybe even allow it to be customized like skins.

Agreed. One Build Block per player, but you can put as many Build Blocks on your ship as you want.
    That's already how it is...

Reaction score
    I think a transparent ship core texture would work well. Maybe even allow it to be customized like skins.

So it would look like a ship core flying arround? I like that idea. Maybe a mini ship that has to be within a 4*4*4 box.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That's not a bad idea. I'd prefer a holographic version of myself but, f it would stress the server less then this is a good plan B :)

Is it? Lord_Greyscale stated it was possible to cram multiple Players into the same Build Block. I've never tested this myself as I only play offline.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456872012,1456871919][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If this isn't only for players in buildmode on the same entity this would also help to reccognize buildmode espionage (I heard this is a thing).
    That's a good point. It would alert a Player to the fact that they're being spied upon, even if there's not much they can do about it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Multiple players in the same Build Block is pretty tangential...however aNjaSqurl and I tried it yesterday and it wasn't allowed. The game accused him of trying to take over my station.

Reaction score
    Multiple players in the same Build Block is pretty tangential...however aNjaSqurl and I tried it yesterday and it wasn't allowed. The game accused him of trying to take over my station.
    Did the station belong to a faction? Try it with a core and build block ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, it was the faction homebase. I thought you couldn't put build blocks on a ship?