Player skull blocks

Reaction score
    This could be quite simple to add. Have a skull block dropped when an astronaut or ship pilot dies , to be collected by his killer. They could adorn said killer's ship , lending credibility to spooky ship designs.

Reactions: AssIn9
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    A whole block? If those would be actual blocks, I am pretty sure that - the whole 'cool, dark and edgy' sillyness aspect aside - it wouldn't look too good. Plus, given how most people die - in a ship torn apart by heavy weapon fire - even fluff-wise, whether there'd be any skull left is very much questionable. I won't even get into the whole thing with player skins and how they affect (or whether they should) the perception of characters, since that's a separate can of worms.

I am not vehemently against it but I personally hardly find it worth the (relatively small but still) effort of making new textures, writing new player death mechanics etc.

Reaction score
    A whole block? If those would be actual blocks, I am pretty sure that - the whole 'cool, dark and edgy' sillyness aspect aside - it wouldn't look too good. Plus, given how most people die - in a ship torn apart by heavy weapon fire - even fluff-wise, whether there'd be any skull left is very much questionable. I won't even get into the whole thing with player skins and how they affect (or whether they should) the perception of characters, since that's a separate can of worms.

I am not vehemently against it but I personally hardly find it worth the (relatively small but still) effort of making new textures, writing new player death mechanics etc.
    Considering pirates drop blocks on death, there must be some mechanic like this already. Adding a new block like this isn't so hard I imagine.
    Alternatively, they could drop a tag or something, which when picked up adds an entry to your log book or something like that.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sounds more to me like EVE Online's frozen capsuleer corpses...