Player made crafting recipes possible!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont know how many people have tried this but I was able to add recepies to the BlockConfig.xml file and they totaly work!

Whats been added you ask?

Schemadyne 1000 can now break 1 square hull into 2 wedges

Schemadyne 2000 can now break 1 wedge into 2 corners

Schemadyne 3000 can now make 2 wedges into one square hull

Schemadyne 10000 can now make 2 corners into one wedge

(all recepies work for normal hull, hardened hull, and glass)

NOTE you should change the prices of hull in the config to reflect these crafting recepies

Square hulls should be full value (Ex. 4 credits) wedges half (Ex. 2 credits) and corners a quarter (Ex. 1 credit) so that this cant be used as an exploit

If you find any wierd isseus with the crafting please let me know!

Here is a link to my modified file

BlockConfig.xml
    https://mega.co.nz/#!nJdhGRZD!LpSnuRhPlEbqeJWDy4oI7jnDT1tKFCmrm5Q1_eWxUOg

And a link to one with edited prices (note this is the one I use on my server so MANY PRICES HAVE CHANGED)

BlockConfigserver.xml (need to cahnge its name to BlockConfig)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!TF8nQQoY!AwQdxjkfp-Fmr3j-CCk4fFncfOlUgnmvA13ErWx3jP0

For those that dont know where to put these files put them in navagate to Staramde>data>config and replace your BlockConfig.xml

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hmmm the only warning I will give is any changes to the schemadynes will most likely completely break the mod.

Raok also produced a mod very similar to this that was released a couple of days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfzVZmwmr4

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah thats the first I have heard of his mod I wonder how his was done? I know with the one here it works for multiplayer and since its in the BlockConfig file it pushes the cahnges to the players of the server on login so there is no need for each person to download it XD.

But yeah if any of the new updates change how the factories recepies work it will need to be completly redone however it only took a few hours to put this together som im not to worried

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow, nice find!

I messed around with altering the existing recipes to work alongside the economy changes I made, but I never thought of adding my own recipes to the file. That adds some pretty interesting possibilities!

Although if I were you, I would make the recipe require 1 hull for 1 wedge. That way you don\'t have to adjust the prices of hulls and wedges to avoid exploits. If it bothers you from a logic standpoint, you could imagine that the proccess requires the hull to be grinded down or cut multiple times, rendering the scraps useless.

Reaction score
    Gratz on getting into modding! I made a mod that\'s very similar to this with a few differences, Phillip already told you about it. I put the recipes in seperate completely new factories though so that when the devs release an update it\'s easier to copy over. It\'s good to see new faces getting into modding. We\'ve had a fair bit of texture and skin editing but pretty much just me and a couple of NASS guys doing blockconfig mods, so it was pretty lonely! Hop on the public chatroom sometime, lot of people hang out there and exchange great ideas.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wait, you were even able to add a whole new factory block to use your new recipes? I\'m assuming you used an existing texture for it, or did you also add a texture to the exising png files and reference that?

Does this mean we could also add new blocks, like new types of engines or weapons with different stats? Probably not something quite that advanced, but a man can dream...

I did quite a bit of Minecraft modding (I\'m the creator of the Mystic Ores mod) and I know the devs don\'t really want people doing a lot of modding yet, since the game is still in a rapid state of development and so much is subject to change, but I might not be able to resist the urge to start tinkering with the xml files. Ooohhh the possibilities. (the possibilities are probably very limited right now, but I\'m already getting excited for what could be coming)

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    But dont spend too much time on modding crafting mechanics yet, since factory stuff is getting some pretty big changes in the future that kinda completely change everything.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the replies! Yeah I have some other idea I would like to try implementing but I need to figure out how to create whole new blocks which is still a complete mystery to me

Reaction score
    Hop in chat sometime, it\'s easier to talk back and forth with people on there

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    For much easier editing just start the game launcher. Launch the game but before starting go in the upper menu and go Modding->Block editor.

Have fun.

Reaction score
    Assuming the game allows multiple item outputs , you could very well reverse crafting recipes and add them to the PlexRecycler , making it a new factory type. Eventually turning any ship module back into ores.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wonder is there a way to say modify the Antimatter Cannons damage statistic or any of the others that scale with placement?