Player information feedback block

Reaction score
    It would be nice to have a logic block that could output a signal based on player status like, is the player in the gravity of an entity.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    or just add more tags to the display module and solve the issue of needing more blocks.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Display blocks do not output logic though >_>
    This is where making it so they are able to comes in handy. Say linking the logic to a display block and having the right tags in place would allow someone to see what the state of that logic block or blocks is. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444089416,1444089322][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh now that I read it nvm me just having a brain fart. Seems he wants to check if player state = X thing with a logic block but not display it. XD

Reaction score
    This is where making it so they are able to comes in handy. Say linking the logic to a display block and having the right tags in place would allow someone to see what the state of that logic block or blocks is. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444089416,1444089322][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh now that I read it nvm me just having a brain fart. Seems he wants to check if player state = X thing with a logic block but not display it. XD
    Right, sorry I wrote the OP on the way out the door from work.

I was thinking for instance a way of checking if a player is already in the gravity of an object before applying gravity to them. For example on my base all of the entrances have automatic gravity but when I log out and back in gravity is lost. I forget this sometimes. It would be nice that when I exit the station the automatic gravity could be smart enough to know oh wait FatCobra isn't in my gravity I won't apply gravity to him now.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I think this can be done with area triggers but it takes up more space than it should and gets really annoying later.

Reaction score
    Oh, I think I see what you're saying using a combination of area triggers and step triggers would make it possible to determine if a player is in gravity. Good thinking. Thanks