yes or no?

• Total voters

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    after much thought, it would be better as an effect to provide a melting/burning effect to weapons, plasma lasers, plasma AMCS, plasma missiles etc... EPIC but still it would be nice to have a new visual effect like how they have in star gate with the hives, but i wasn't suggesting the colour only the shape.

Last edited:
    Reactions: WarmasterRaptor
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I think this could fil a good niche.

As I see it, plasma would bridge the gap betwixt missile and amc. It would fire slowly, like missiles, but the shot would move quickly like AMCs and enjoy a small blast effect.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Minelayers are not in the next update, they are on hold for some reason

Reaction score
    I don't know what this addition would provide?
    From what i read in this thread the glorified "Plasma weapon" would just be another projectile weapon with no use in the upcoming weapon system.
    Just to remember:
    -Simple Projectile
    -Complex Projectile
    -Instant-Travel Beam
    -Area-of-Effect Burst
    -{Proximity Explosives}
    -increase rate
    -split/multiple/cone
    -reduce projectile speed (or rate?)/increase strength
    -{add delay/fuse}
    -power reduction instead of damage
    -higher shield damage/lower hull damage
    -punch through
    -piercing effect
    -explosive effect
    -"brake" effect
    -push effect
    -pull effect
    -any plexlight color
    You will be able to build a completely customised weapon from any combination of the systems above.
    You will be able to vary the amounts of blocks of the primary system to increase the overall strength and you even will be able to vary the secondary effect by changing the amount of blocks of that system.
    And as far as i know the faders where you can costumise your weapons already in the current version will stay.
    We don't need another projectile.

As I see it, plasma would bridge the gap betwixt missile and amc. It would fire slowly, like missiles, but the shot would move quickly like AMCs and enjoy a small blast effect.
    Primary: Cannon
    Secondary: Pulsar
    Tertiary: Explosive
    Slowly firing (or slowly traveling... i didn't tested the effects of secondary pulsar yet) cannon with a small blast effect. With the faders you could reduce the rate and increase the speed even further.

The only things which would be useful to add would be something like:
    -secondary/tertiary: chargeable weapons
    -secondary: increase projectile speed
    -tertiary: Damage-over-time effect (what about plasmaburn <- there you got your plasma:p)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Plasma is basically just another form of energy. It'd be simple to just give a rapid fire laser with an explosive effect, and then colour it green or blue, and then say it's plasma. I don't think anyone will argue with you.

Reaction score
    What if to make plasma distinct, it has a burn rate? "PLASMA FIRE ON DECK 3!!!" Something that isn't too fast, but needs to be dealt with.

Reactions: Ithirahad

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    how about damage over time, so it will constantly melt away blocks from your ships until it is removed from your hull, and has no effect on shields, depending on the size of each group it will have a faster time ti destroy each block. and gives over blocks when slaved the effect to and giives other weapons the burning ability but will only burn blocks damaged by the weapon.

Incap that would look like a laser not a plasma projectile :P and it wouldn't be as cool, a blue/green laser that has an explosive range...obviously you didn't read the part where i said something like what the wraith hives shot in stargate

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Teritary damage over time effect? sure. I think that having to "remove" it would be quite overpowered, as one shot could eat through an entire ship given enough time. However, having another shot hitting around the first shot adding time and/or damage to the first effect would be cool.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    how about damage over time, so it will constantly melt away blocks from your ships until it is removed from your hull, and has no effect on shields, depending on the size of each group it will have a faster time ti destroy each block. and gives over blocks when slaved the effect to and giives other weapons the burning ability but will only burn blocks damaged by the weapon.

Incap that would look like a laser not a plasma projectile :p and it wouldn't be as cool, a blue/green laser that has an explosive range...obviously you didn't read the part where i said something like what the wraith hives shot in stargate
    And there's a fundamental difference...? And if you say that plasma is just blue fire, I will smack you.

All of these ideas are terrible. Do we really need a dedicated plasma type for weapons? Honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    And there's a fundamental difference...? And if you say that plasma is just blue fire, I will smack you.

All of these ideas are terrible. Do we really need a dedicated plasma type for weapons? Honestly.
    Got to agree. Plasma cannon type weapons vary from series to series anyway, the bolt type like star wars, burst laser kind like Metroid and Gundam...

All can be replicated with the new system. Slap on a red light and whatever secondary effect effects adjacent blocks with distributed damage and you're good to go pretty much.

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I thought it was a great idea, but if there is indeed a tertiary stat that can be set to explosive then that aught to fill it out rather nicely.

I suppose the only thing one would need is a visual modifier to make a weapon leave little mini missile trails or the like and the plasma feel would be complete

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    after much thought, it would be better as an effect to provide a melting/burning effect to weapons, plasma lasers, plasma AMCS, plasma missiles etc... EPIC but still it would be nice to have a new visual effect like how they have in star gate with the hives, but i wasn't suggesting the colour only the shape.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Imho amcs should already be called plasma weapons. They don't act AT ALL like antimatter cannons (which would create mini nukes on the enemy ship)