Plasma gates for hangar

Reaction score
    But what would be cooler is too have a constant transparent blueish effect. Call it whatever u want but tranparentish hangar doors = AWESOME!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But what would be cooler is too have a constant transparent blueish effect. Call it whatever u want but tranparentish hangar doors = AWESOME!

Water - just 1 cr per block.

Sadly it has the same weight as everything and blocks objects :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sod plasma gates, lets have LAVA gates XD

Ouch, ouch, ouch it BURNS! Shame ships can\'t fly through lava... :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If there was oxygen implemented, then these plasma shields could keep the oxygen in.

Also, see Ep. III of Star Wars in the beginning. Could get a little more in depth.

Reaction score
    which is called an energy shield gate instead of a plasma one but instead of acting like a shield it instead acts like a pass-through doorway that only allows people from the same faction to enter same going with ships in the same faction. but on the other hand, going through the comment section of this forum post i agree that people will exploit this mechanic to have a secondary shield system that would overlap the first one and if it is true that open plex doors can block shots then there is not really any need to add this mechanic other than just for looks. but it actualy might become a use to the game if oxygen was added being programed only to keep oxygen in

Reaction score
    Plasma shields have limited shield power, and less than normal shields but you can fly trough it but not shoot trough it

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do PlexDoors not die after the shield breaks?

I guess these plasma gates should not be close-able, visible while open and not block shots after the shield is down.

+1.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My idea is that these gates would stop enemy fire as long as your ships shields were up, as soon as your shields go down, your plasma gates \"turn off\" until your shields regenerate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Quite an intruiging concept, with a lot of potential for creativity, but it would be easy to abuse in the wrong hands.

By the same token, it could be used to create very interesting designs if presented to an experienced builder.

Reaction score
    YES i once made a suggestion like this it was where you could place a block that is see through and you can fly through it but it keep bullets from flying in and when fired at the bullets hit the block as if it was hull and the shields of the carrier are used to block it but if your power runes out then the blocks can be shot through also another thing i mentioned is where if you set a faction block on your ship only ships owned by your faction can go through them but this affect also drops when power is lost

i was thinking the block or what ever it is would look something like this...

... Plasma gates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As it would be cool to add these into the game there needs to be more to go with it. If they were to add this i think they would have it as part of an update that adds more to build with on space stations. Or more of a need for them. Like as mentioned before with maybe the addition of Oxygen so the plasma doors are more of a use.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The problem is - we can\'t.

Everything that stops bullets (liquids, open plex doors, etc) dies after the shield is down.