Planets...to many...cant...breath

Reaction score
    Hello I'm a long time player of StarMade and I've gotten used to the very empty void of space that I build in, but with the New Galaxy update Schema made it so we can see even more planets then before. I dont like it one bit, its cluttered, distracting and murders my frame rate.

I was wondering if there is any possible way to get rid of planets completely (disable their spawning) or at least just make it so I dont have to look at them. any advice would be more then welcome.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Make sure you're playing in a new universe (do a universe reset) and use /sector_size (size in meters) in-game to enlarge sectors so planets are no longer an issue.

Reactions: mgwerner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    While getting rid of the planets would alleviate your lag, I suggest increasing your sector size instead. I think the default is something like 2000m per sector? I use 10k and I have so much space between planets. Best part of this is, jump drives aren't distance bound, but sector bound. So it's very convenient in that you can distance planets and stations much farther apart, but jump drives will still take you just as far in terms of sector. No travel hassles, no lag hassles.

Reaction score
    While getting rid of the planets would alleviate your lag, I suggest increasing your sector size instead. I think the default is something like 2000m per sector? I use 10k and I have so much space between planets. Best part of this is, jump drives aren't distance bound, but sector bound. So it's very convenient in that you can distance planets and stations much farther apart, but jump drives will still take you just as far in terms of sector. No travel hassles, no lag hassles.
    Wow! that helps so much! it boosted my FPS from 3-7 to 30-40 that makes me uber happy, many thanks *salute*