Planets 3.0

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Im certain there are many threads with this topic and hows and do nots though i was thinking that maybe forgoing the large gigantic core to a much smaller planet core for the regular blocks doubling the planets size reason being i do believe the core itself may cause lag do to its lava like movement i have no lnowledge of it but its more of a theory

Planetary atmosphere further from the planet to allow a planetary entry effect to wow players into a sense of adventure

Some mars worlds have ruined citys to add a sadness to the world

Some earth likes have citys and NPCs and other life to add a lively ness to these jewels in the starmadeverse

New planetary type volcanism these planets should be the most dangerous type but also the most rewarding if you dare to encrouch upon it. Lava being the most common hazards followed by pirates and hostle life

And a new block to smooth out the planets the wedge block for what ever planets are used so moving between plates dont have you falling in between them in a crevice

Last edited:

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Its very unlikely that the lava is the problem. That's generally something that is handled by the graphics card as a shader. I've watch the profiling a little bit and it seems to be more physics simulation lag.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Its very unlikely that the lava is the problem. That's generally something that is handled by the graphics card as a shader. I've watch the profiling a little bit and it seems to be more physics simulation lag.
    Ok well i did say it was a theory on my end thanks for clearing it up maybe i was comparing with minecraft to much though these two are two different things they are very similar but the similarities end with the creations being able to move here though sadly i cant build since my pc blew up on me

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Terran planets already have a small chance to spawn with cities on them, and desert planets can spawn with minecraft style pyramid temples.

Its just a really low chance right now.

Reaction score
    I definitely agree with the need for more planetary content.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I definitely agree with the need for more planetary content.
    Well first we need optimization for large scale objects.

Everybody always immediately jumps to "Well nobody ever said you had to build titans! Thats not a right you know, just build sensibly!", but seem to completely forget that planets use the same rules as ships and stations. Its a whole lot of blocks that have to be managed, and that causes slowdown. Fix one, you should also fix the other.

Reaction score
    I do not think the planetary core is the issue.

Terran planets already have a small chance to spawn with cities on them, and desert planets can spawn with minecraft style pyramid temples.

Its just a really low chance right now.
    I did not know this! Thank you. I am going to try to find these now. I am saddened to learn after additional research that no one lives in these cities, though. Perhaps in a future update?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I did not know this! Thank you. I am going to try to find these now. I am saddened to learn after additional research that no one lives in these cities, though. Perhaps in a future update?
    Quite possible once we get the fauna and crew updates.