Planetary War

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can use water. I hope it will finally get walk-through in the main version.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can do that? like get shielded water AND pass through it?! Thats AMAZING. That really encourages mech drops. And trust me, everybody wants a situation where you should be airdropping low altitude ships and tanks/mechs. Better yet, lava that you can pass through, but does damage, preventing ships from poking their heads through and firing cannons, and REALLY encouraging mech drops.

CES

Reaction score
    From what I have seen, most people support medicines in Stamade, so we could have some plants and medicines specific to planets.

Reaction score
    The question would then be what would medicine be for? Just something to sell? Because you only rarely need to heal yourself. But is should probably still be part of the game(Maybe make it like a quest item, if there are ever quests given by NPCs)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Once hand held weapons are added healing yourself will become critical for survival.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The only issue is that the planetary shield needs extra generators.

Current skin shields which are only projected on a bubble-shape will not encurage drops alone.

Maybe repel bigger ships, based on both shields vs ship mass. Could decrease lag from ship collisions too. Explain it via shields repel each other.

Reaction score
    If consumption is instant, yes, if not, it only takes a few hits to take down nealy all your health with the current gun making it not very useful. And when you get attacked by ground, I doubt you will fight with your hand weapons. Bases would probably have some turrets placed at strategic locations to take down anyone trying to force his way in on foot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Medicine isn\'t enough. Planets have to have unique and valuable resources that factions will murder each other for, not just an optional medicine supply.

A generation of income or at least materials that can be sold at high prices would be good.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A way to mine from the planet surface would increase the value of owning planets as it would be constant revenue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Zim, you just gave me an idea for a \"Salvage Crawler\" of sorts. Building a salvage beam array like you would, for a compact, high speed collection, but make the surrounding hull at a 45 degree slant down and to the aft, for your \"Treads\" so when you face-plant this beast into a planet, the treads lay flat on the surface, with the salvage element down in front of you at a 45.

Not much of a view staring down at the ground, but I\'m sure you could have the cockpit far back enough to have a decent look around where you\'re going.

Even after you chew all the way as deep as the beams will go, you\'ll still be grinding along the surface on either side of the hole/trench you just dug. I\'d say fill the treads with engines and shielding from there.

Anyway, I\'ll see what I can come up with whenever I get my machine set up and actually get to play Starmade again. :)