Planetary Bonuses

Reaction score
    To my knowledge, planets are only used for main purpose: Havesting. You completely destroy a planet with a build block then sell the raw materials to a shop to get money. I think planets should serve a more purposeful role, don't you?

Here are several ideas that I think planets could be used for:

-Free Resources: When you place a faction module on the planet (and maybe colonize it somehow) you will gain a steady flow of resources unique to that planet, ie. if its an ice planet you get ice crystals, ice spikes, and so on. The more planets you get and the more you develop them, the more raw materials you get. You can then use that stuff for a factory. The downside to this is the more planets the more pirates attack these locations and with greater intensity.

-Special Block Bonus: These blocks would be decorative in nature or might provide some cosmetic bonus, such as green shields or a special effect when max speed is attained on a server.

-Surveillance: Setting up a full fledge outpost on a planet would grant your faction acess to view not just that sector but the 8 other sectors surrounding the planet. These events would update in real time to all players in the faction.

-Unique Titles: After a certain number of planets are colonized (ie. 1,5,10,25,50...) the faction controlling them are granted special titles visible next to the players name. The title distribution would also be decided on how the player ranked in the faction (ie. a founder would have all the titles while the rank 4 would have one).

These are just a few ideas I'm hoping might get some attention, feel free to spitball with me!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is an interesting idea. I\'m up for anything that would make planets better, though just free resources does seem a bit overpowered. Maybe you have to collect them every time you are online, and it caps how many stack per collection? (did that make sense?)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'d probably want a very small cap and a very short refill period. I suppose the cap could get slightly larger as you held the planet for longer, but you wouldn\'t want it getting to the point where you could still get 1,000 minerals a day even if everyone forgot to log on for a month.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    How about regenerating ores. In a game i use to play (Runescape) the ores would regenerate, higher level ore= longer regen period.

Reaction score
    Maybe minerals on controlled/colonized planets would yeild one level higher. So level 1 ores would upgrade to level 2, level 2 to level 3, and so on when you harvest them

Reaction score
    Why cant we have populated planets.

That can mine minerals indefinitely and can have population taken as soldiers.

I mean, go big or go home, right?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It makes jump gates everywhere usefull. Not just where you are currently and to spawn (or public meeting sector) and homeworld or allies