Planet wont take damage, why?

Reaction score
    Hello!
    I spent the last 2 days working on a ship.. well a satellite really xD But its designed to destroy planets and really large ships. It has over 2 billion power with a regen of 13 million per second (still building so that will go up) and as its main weapon, it uses ~500,000 missile modules with a pulse unit of another ~500,000 modules as its booster (which will give it more damage, larger explosion radius, slower reload and a much higher power cost)

But the issue im having is that no matter how many of these missiles i shoot, the planet core takes NO damage at all! NONE! If i hit the planet surface, i see the damage markers of 30mil + but the core stays at its 100 million (or maybe its 10 million and i just lost count) hp and never even budges...
    I have a ship in another save that uses the exact same weapon, but a MUCH smaller version (at best, 20,000 and 20,000) and that was able to (eventually) take down a planet... so why cant this satellite pull it off? i dont understand, ive shot anywhere ranging from 1500 to the missile modules actually touching the core, and it still wont kill it!
    Please give me a hand on this, the point of this build is to destroy planets, not just shear them of their surface... Thank you very much!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    hmm,that is very interesting,are you shooting at the planet core or at the plates? I dont remember if that makes any difference,perhaps you need to have a clear shot to the core

Reaction score
    hmm,that is very interesting,are you shooting at the planet core or at the plates? I dont remember if that makes any difference,perhaps you need to have a clear shot to the core
    At first it was the plates, 1 rocket was enough to expose the core, but proceeding to shoot at the core did nothing. Also, when shooting at the core, the hitmarker would appear, but no explosion sound or damage numbers would appear. I also tried making the hole... big... by destroying almost an entire plate, but no luck either.

Reaction score
    At first it was the plates, 1 rocket was enough to expose the core, but proceeding to shoot at the core did nothing. Also, when shooting at the core, the hitmarker would appear, but no explosion sound or damage numbers would appear. I also tried making the hole... big... by destroying almost an entire plate, but no luck either.
    there is a config setting that prohibits the destruction of planets.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, known bug. Planet cores are currently immune to missiles because they don't actually exist. Missile damage is being calculated using blocks, and the core has no blocks, hence the explosion doesn't affect it.

You need cannons or beams to destroy planets right now.

So yeah, you need to redesign your planet killer.

Reaction score
    Ohh okay, i get it now, i did a bit of googling before coming here and i never once saw that site. But thank all of you for pointing that out for me ^_^

I think i'll just make a duplicate of the satellite for now until the bug is fixed, id rather have the missile as its main weapon, but until that is patched ill deal with lasers i guess.
    Thank you all very much, your help is much appreciated ^_^