Planet Seeder Factory Block

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I posted this the other day under a different title but I decided to post it again in hopes of it getting more attention.

I am trying to resolve 2 issues with the idea for a “Planet Seeder” Factory Block. The first would be dealing with copious amounts of terrain blocks (ie.rock/dirt/lava/water/flora) that have no real purpose other than filler material for planets and asteroids. Once they have been mined they can be sold in limited quantities to shops, but after that, if you aren’t using them in builds, their part in the Starmade eco system ends up with them sitting at the bottom of a storage block. The second issue is that, with the performance of planets increasing, more and more planets will be gobbled up in the areas close to spawn in early game, leaving nothing but systems with stations and possibly roids. Players will sweep the starting galaxy clean into the void in no time. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it would be nice to be able to add life back into a system after you have gotten yourself to a point to mine in other galaxies effectively.

The Planet Seeder would deal with these two issues by allowing players to put those otherwise useless blocks into the Seeder and spawn a planet in a random place in their sector. However, this would require a massive amount of terrain blocks. It should be an amount equivalent to what you would receive for mining at least 10 or more planets. The random spawning is to prevent the need for a placing mechanic, and also keep players from trying to abuse the system in some way but if the idea gets picked up and you can place it, I would not complain about having options. The max size planet the seeder can produce could be based off the server max and there could be the option to spawn the planet at 30%, 50%, and 70% of the server max with a different threshold for each. The planet type could be determined by the type of terrain block in the seeder with the highest quantity or type could be random as well. If this idea would not cause any unforeseen problems, I would love to see this added to the game at some point in the future. Think about it.