Planet improvements

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thought of a few ways planets could be improved:

Indigenious life forms (No doubt they're working on this as I type, but still.)

Varying gravity and the ability to detect it

More planetary hazards: I'm talking sandstorms on desert planets, volcanic eruptions, monsters, all that good shit.

Post any other ideas below!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    they could add corrupted planets, mabye some with empires on, like a highly dense forest planet having eleves live on it, etc. That would be good as the sandbox elements amass into amazing things.

Reaction score
    I would love to see the planets double sided :D

1 to prevent easy mining but more importantly it would feel more like a planet as its not 1 surface its 2! (being flat doesnt matter but I think double sided would be great with gravity pulling into the centre :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Before all this stuff suggested, I\'d rather have planet optimization - currently even on local it takes a bit of time before planet/terrain loads up, which may lead to some silly situations. I can only imagine how much worse it\'ll be with stuff like cities, climate effects, dense forests and so on.

Other than that, I actually would like to have different atmospheres, including ones that may dangerous to enter without a ship (or, further down the development line, proper, resistant spacesuit) and possibly may even somewhat damage shielding (really strong sand/windstorm, moving pebbles at dangerous speed) or hull over time (probably straight the latter, if only to avoid lag caused by repeated shield flare animation)..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d find it cool if you could go to a planet in some uncharted space or something and come across tribes still in early stages of development such as the stone or bronze age!

Reaction score
    I\'d be happy with larger 3D planets but I understand that\'s quite difficult to pull off considering the style of the game. Cubes and all that. I suppose I can settle for these suggestions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would love to have something along the lines of Spore, where you could beam creatures into your ship communicate with civilizations or steal from them etc. plus they would also be defended and would continuesly collect resources so you could play as a proper pirate

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really, due to the voxel-based nature of the game, the planets should really be cubes. This would make it impossible for you to enter the wrong side and would allow mining towards a central gravity source within a magma core. Also, does anyone else think that asteroids and ships should exert gravity on one another, i wanna walk on the \"moons\" near my planet without a gravity machine!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I did think of cube planets, but it wouldn\'t work. You\'d just fall off of the side.