Planet gravity ruined my space elevator

???

Reaction score
    ok i finished building my city and i already had a spacedock and since all of my ships couldn't take off from the planet because they were too heavy i thought i would build a space elevator.

the space elevator is now finnished so i went and bought some things filled my cargo hauler up and headed back to the planet BUT...

as i went to land on the platform at the top of the space elevator woosh, bang...

the space elevator (even though it was well above my orbiting ships) had the planets gravity so my ship fell to the planet.

so in short the area where my space elevator is now extends the planets gravity out into space.

it is really anoying when i'm fighting pirates and fly over it because i just fall to the planet

is this a bug or is it just something in the game that needs changet to make space elevators work?

Reaction score
    It\'s not a bug, you extended the planets height by building elevator. You could combat that by building a large space-dock where your ships can land, or dock to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Nice. You could build an interdiction array this way. You could try running a dock out to the side of the planet instead and see how that works out.

???

Reaction score
    I think that the gravity field shoud be a set position rather than move when you build things

???

Reaction score
    I do I have a military station with 8 turrets a refuel station with 2 turrets 6 ships with AI 4 ships with no AI a space elevator with a turret on the bottom of the landing playform and around 12 turrets on the planet its self.

IF an enemy ship gets to my planet it won\'t be in one piece for very long.

But then again that is what the UNSC said on halo 2 before the covenant fleet attacked earth