Bug Planet Graphics Bugs

Reaction score
    I've been attempting to play the game for awhile now but no matter how I change the settings around, planets keep getting this weird graphical bug. As I get closer, it becomes a bigger, dark sphere, up until I pass through it.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That's the night side of the planet and yes they really need to make that transparent. It isn't a bug as far as I know and even I have tried to turn the atmosphere off many times and it doesn't turn off. >_>

Reaction score
    That's the night side of the planet and yes they really need to make that transparent. It isn't a bug as far as I know and even I have tried to turn the atmosphere off many times and it doesn't turn off. >_>
    Thanks for the info. Yeah it needs something done lol

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Seen people try to snipe my docked turrets off a planet before from the dark side of it. Needless to say they crashed into the planet. Rather annoying seeing planets change about 3 to 5 times while approaching them too. >_>

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Thanks for the info. Yeah it needs something done lol
    This is not intended behaviour. I'll let our testers know to see if a report is currently on Phabricator.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Nice to know the strangeness with the planet atmosphere is actually a bug.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    None of our testers have seen this before, sounds like it's a very specific issue to your system. What's your hardware? Can you also provide your settings.cfg? It could be a setting that causes this although I don't know which one.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm I'm on an intel graphics card but as for the rest of the info it is hard to remember how to get to it all. >_>

The configs on the other hand I can get to. :)

Attachments

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    hmm I'm on an intel graphics card but as for the rest of the info it is hard to remember how to get to it all. >_>

The configs on the other hand I can get to. :)
    Thanks, could be possible that only intel HD graphics has issues with planets. Did you try to update the driver for it?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    All drivers are updated. :( It's been like the black hemisphere for the dark side of planets since I downloaded the game. Also atmospheres never turn off for me even if the settings say they are. o_O

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    All drivers are updated. :( It's been like the black hemisphere for the dark side of planets since I downloaded the game. Also atmospheres never turn off for me even if the settings say they are. o_O
    Oh hm, I better look into that too ^^ If they don't disable then it's definitely a shader issue.

Reaction score
    Dont post here often though i frequently read the site/forums

I can confirm I see the same issue using my laptop that has an intel HD4400 inbuilt graphics chip on the processor

I DO NOT see this behavior when playing on my desktop that has a GTX970 graphics card,

I know the game doesnt play that nice with inbuilt Intel graphics so ive always taken the above with a pinch of salt and put it down to crappy intel hd,
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442496040,1442496007][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Dont post here often though i frequently read the site/forums

I can confirm I see the same issue using my laptop that has an intel HD4400 inbuilt graphics chip on the processor

I DO NOT see this behavior when playing on my desktop that has a GTX970 graphics card,

I know the game doesnt play that nice with inbuilt Intel graphics so ive always taken the above with a pinch of salt and put it down to crappy intel hd,
    edit also my friend playing on a older HD4200 also see the same as above, adding to the fact it intel related

Reaction score
    This seems not to be an issue just with planets, or even just with intel - Graphikcards. I have the same effects with my NVIDIA GTX660 on my multiplayer server, where i am not able to play, since the last update, because of this. Every time after logging in it takes about max a minute, everything is invisible for me, except the planet core and some rare fragments of structures.

But if i play on my local server, there is no planet near me, just my ship and a shop nearby, and after playing some minutes, nearly everything around me suddenly is invisible for me. Only some fragments stay visible. No chance to play like this :(
    I thought, this is an official bug, so i was waiting for a fix since the 9. september...
    I know, its in alpha state and shit happens :) but i like to play starmade really very much, and this way playing makes no sense. So i still hope for a fix for this "not a bug" in the near future